Cooking time: 30 minutes
What is Cornmeal Idli?
Cornmeal Idli is a steamed savory Indian cake. Cornmeal Idli is made with cornmeal, yogurt, some spices, and almost no oil. Natural yellow color of cornmeal gives a beautiful tempting sensation to this recipe. Cornmeal Idli is a perfect breakfast recipe for quick and healthy choice.
Let’s learn to make Cornmeal Idli in 8 easy to understand quick steps.
- 2 cups cornmeal
- 2 cups yogurt
- 2 tbsp oil for frying
- 1 tbsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp split bengal gram (chana dal)
- 1 tsp white lentils (urad dal)
- 1⁄4 cup peanuts
- 2 tsp chopped ginger
- 2 green chilies, chopped
- salt as per taste
- 1 tsp baking soda
- oil for brushing moulds
- Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds, split bengal gram, and white lentils. Fry them for 2 minutes.
- Add peanuts and sauté for 3 minutes. Now add chopped ginger and chopped green chilies. Sauté for 1 minute.
- Add cornmeal, and salt to this and roast for 3 minutes.
Add baking soda to the idli batter, and mix gently until it becomes fluffy.
Grease the microwave-safe idli moulds and keep aside. Add the water in the microwave safe idli steamer, and microwave on high setting for 30 seconds.
Add 2 tbsp of the batter into 4 greased idli moulds and microwave on high setting for 4 minutes. Repeat this with the remaining batter to make rest of the idlis.
Serve Cornmeal Idli hot with coconut chutney or any other chutney. Enjoy!
Happy Cooking 🙂
Show us your love by commenting on this post, and share your thoughts.
Liked this post, then you will like this too.