Prep time: 2 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
What is Cheesy Blueberry Halwa?
Halwa is an Indian dessert recipe made with clarified butter, flours, fruits, nuts, and lentils; which has the consistency like a thick pudding. Cheesy blueberry halwa is prepared with semolina, blueberry, coconut, and mozzarella cheese. This recipe is a little twist to regular suji halwa. Adding blueberries gives a nice purple color and gorgeous flavor, and adding milk and cheese gives it a nice rich and creamy texture. This recipe is well served hot, but it tastes wonderful even if it is served at the room temperature. Cheesy blueberry halwa is a must try recipe for all dessert lovers J
Let’s learn to make cheesey blueberry halwa in 6 easy to understand quick steps.
- semolina (rava/suji) – 1 cup
- clarified butter (ghee) – 3 tbsp
- cup desiccated coconut – 1⁄2 cup
- milk – 2 cups
- fresh mozzarella cheese – 1⁄4 cup
- sugar as per taste
- pureed blueberries – 1 cup
- cashew nuts, chopped – 8
- cardamom powder – 1⁄2 tsp
- Heat clarified butter (ghee) in a pan. Add semolina to it, and roast on low heat till it turns golden brown.
- Now add desiccated coconut and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add milk, and pureed blueberries. Let it cook for 5 minutes.
- Add crushed mozzarella cheese and mix well. Cook for 4 more minutes.
- Add sugar and cardamom powder. Stir continuously to prevent any lumps. Cook for 3-4 minutes or till milk dries.
- Remove from heat. Garnish with cashew nuts, and desiccated coconut. Serve hot. Enjoy!
Happy Cooking 🙂
Show us your love by commenting on this post, and share your thoughts.
Liked this post, then you will like this too.