Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
What is Candied Sago Pudding With Blueberry Sauce?
Candied Sago Pudding With Blueberry Sauce is a super tasty, beautiful, and excellent pudding. Made with sago, milk, sugar and flavoured with blueberry sauce. This is a perfectly chilled, and well-set dessert like a jelly. When pearly white sago pudding is combined with rich blueberry sauce, it’s a match made in heaven. Glorious colors in a perfectly set dessert, which is served with rich blue topping, just makes it more awesome.
Let’s learn to make Candied Sago Pudding With Blueberry Sauce in easy to understand quick steps.
Ingredients for blueberry sauce:
- fresh blueberries – 2 cups
- sugar – ¼ cup
- lemon juice – 2 tbsp
- cornstarch – 1 tbsp
- vanilla extract – ½ tsp
Ingredients for sago pudding:
- sabudana (sago or tapioca pearls) – 1 cup
- milk – 2 cups
- sugar – 1⁄4
- cardamom powder – 1 tsp
Method for blueberry sauce:
- Take a mixing bowl. Add cornstarch & lemon juice to it and whisk well to create a quick slurry.
- Heat a medium saucepan. Add blueberries, sugar and cook over medium heat for a couple of minutes, or until the berries start to release their juices and break down slightly.
- Add the lemon juice-cornstarch slurry, vanilla extract and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and cook on low heat for a minute , or until the blueberry mixture starts to thicken. Remove from heat and keep aside to cool off completely.
Method for sago pudding:
- Wash and soak the sabudana covered in 1 1⁄2 cups of water for about 40-50 minutes. Drain extra water, and cover with a film. Keep aside for about 30 minutes.
- Heat a pan. Add milk to it, stir constantly until it comes to boil. Once milk has boiled, add sago and cook on medium heat for 3 minutes, or till sago turns translucent. Do not overcook.
- Add sugar, and cardamom and let it cook for another 4-5 minutes. Remove from heat and keep aside.
Method of serving:
- Take 4 serving glasses. Pour about 2 tbsp of blueberry sauce into each glass. Cover each glass with sago pudding. And top with with some blueberry sauce. Garnish with chopped pistachios.
- Refrigerate for 5-6 hours or overnight. Serve chilled, and enjoy!
MY PHOTOGRAPHY NOTES: Camera:
Lens: Nikon 35mm f/1.8G AF-S DX Lens
Setup: Used natural sunlight coming from left, and a reflector on the right side of the frame.
Props & Styling: Used some white flowers, a wooden branch, and some raw pistachio for styling. Arranged my serving glass on a rustic bowl.
Angle: I clicked these photos with 90°, 70°, 45°.
Happy Cooking 🙂
Show us your love by commenting on this post, and share your thoughts.
Liked this post, then you will like this too. [simple-qr size=”” type=”url” url=”http://www.mygingergarlickitchen.com/candied-sago-pudding-blueberry-sauce-recipe/” margin=”0″ size=”160″ align=”center” pointer_text=”Get This Awesome Recipe On Your Smartphone.” pointer_color=”#FF1975″ pointer_position=”left”]