Sago Pudding with Blueberry Sauce
Candied Sago Pudding With Blueberry Sauce is a super tasty, beautiful, and excellent pudding. Made with sago, milk, sugar and flavoured with blueberry sauce.
Recipe Source Link:https://www.mygingergarlickitchen.com/candied-sago-pudding-blueberry-sauce-recipe/
« Go back Print this recipe »
Prep Time = 5 minutes
Cook Time = 20 minutes
Total Time = 25 minutes
Category = Dessert
Cuisine = Indian
Serves = 4
Nutrition Info = 288 calories
Serving Size = 1 Serving
» For Blueberry Sauce //
- fresh blueberries - 2 cups
- sugar - ¼ cup
- lemon juice - 2 tbsp
- cornstarch - 1 tbsp
- vanilla extract - ½ tsp
» For sago pudding //
- sabudana (sago or tapioca pearls) - 1 cup
- milk - 2 cups
- sugar - 1/4
- cardamom powder - 1 tsp
» Making Blueberry Sauce //
- Take a mixing bowl. Add cornstarch & lemon juice to it and whisk well to create a quick slurry.
- Heat a medium saucepan. Add blueberries, sugar and cook over medium heat for a couple of minutes, or until the berries start to release their juices and break down slightly.
- Add the lemon juice-cornstarch slurry, vanilla extract and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and cook on low heat for a minute , or until the blueberry mixture starts to thicken. Remove from heat and keep aside to cool off completely.
» Making Sago Pudding//
- Wash and soak the sabudana covered in 1 1/2 cups of water for about 40-50 minutes. Drain extra water, and cover with a film. Keep aside for about 30 minutes.
- Heat a pan. Add milk to it, stir constantly until it comes to boil. Once milk has boiled, add sago and cook on medium heat for 3 minutes, or till sago turns translucent. Do not overcook.
- Add sugar, and cardamom and let it cook for another 4-5 minutes. Remove from heat and keep aside.
» Serving //
- Take 4 serving glasses. Pour about 2 tbsp of blueberry sauce into each glass. Cover each glass with sago pudding. And top with with some blueberry sauce. Garnish with chopped pistachios.
- Refrigerate for 5-6 hours or overnight. Serve chilled, and enjoy!
- No notes for this recipe.