Cooking time: 15 minutes
What is Spiced Oat Lentils Dalia?
Spiced Oat Lentils Dalia is a healthy and quick one pot meal breakfast/dinner recipe. Spiced Oat Lentils Dalia is made with steel cut oats, lentils, and is cooked in pressure cooker along with water, vegetables and seasonings. This is a high fiber recipe, and very easy to cook.
Let’s learn to make Oat Lentils Dalia in 7 easy to understand quick steps.
- 1 cup split green grams (moong dal)
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup of broccoli florets
- 1⁄4 cup cauliflower florets
- 1⁄2 cup green peas
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 potato, cubed
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1⁄4 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- salt to taste
- 5 cups water
- 1 tsp red chili powder to taste
- 1⁄4 tsp garam masala powder
- Take a mixing bowl. Add split green grams and steel cut oats. Wash them and soak in water for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker. Add mustard seeds, and cumin seeds to it.
- When they start to splutter, add chopped onion, cubed potatoes, and chopped green chili. Mix well and let them cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Now add broccoli florets, cauliflower florets, sliced carrots, chopped tomatoes, along with salt, and mix well. Let them cook for 5 minutes.
- Add powdered spices, soaked lentils, steel cut oats, and water. Mix well again, and close the cover lid. Pressure cook for 6-7 whistles.
- Let the pressure cooker cool down for a while. Your delicious & healthy Spiced Oat Dalia is ready to be served hot.
- This can be accompanied with papad, salad, pickle and raita. Enjoy!
Happy Cooking 🙂
Show us your love by commenting on this post, and share your thoughts.
Liked this post, then you will like this too.