Prep time: 2 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
What is Peanut Coconut Jaggery Bars?
Peanut coconut jaggery bars (chikki) are traditional Indian sweets. I made this traditional recipe with a little twist by adding palm sugar to it. Peanut coconut jaggery bars are very nutritious, delicious and very easy to prepare. These bars are so soft and melt in your mouth. With a crunchy texture of peanuts, it gives such an awesome taste.
Let’s learn to make Peanut coconut jaggery bars in 6 easy to understand quick steps.
- peanuts – 1 cup
- desiccated coconut – 1⁄2 cup
- jaggery – 3⁄4 cup
- palm sugar -1⁄4 cup
- clarified butter (ghee) – 2 tbsp
- loaf baking tray -1
- Heat a pan. Add peanuts and roast them. Remove from heat and let them cool. For me peanuts with skin are more natural and nutritious, so I am using them with skin. However, you can remove the peanut skin if you wish.
- Cover the baking tray with the foil paper and set aside.
- Heat clarified butter in another pan. Add jaggery and palm sugar to it. Cook till a thick syrup is formed.
- Add peanuts, desiccated coconut and mix well.
- Immediately spread this mixture on the baking tray, and flatten with the help of a spoon.
- Let the mixture cool for 5 minutes. Cut into the desired shape, but don’t take out the bars yet.
- Let it cool completely. Now take out your bars, and remove the foil paper. Store these yummy bars in an air-tight container for 7-8 days. Enjoy!