Spinach Kofta Biryani - Vegetarian
Spinach Kofta Biryani is a highly seasoned dish which is layered with fragrant long-grained rice and cooked with tomato gravy, vegetables, and spinach koftas.
« Go back Print this recipe »
Prep Time = 20 minutes
Cook Time = 1 hour(s) 0 minutes
Total Time = 1 hour(s) 20 minutes
Category = Main
Cuisine = Indian
Serves = 4
Nutrition Info = 368 calories
Serving Size = 1 Serving
» For the gravy layer //
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup, tomato puree
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 3/4 tsp garam masala powder
- 1/4 cup cream
- 2 bay leaf
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- salt to taste
» For Rice Layer //
- 2 cups basmati rice, boiled till almost cooked
» For vegetable layer //
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 potato, layered
- a pinch of salt
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 tbsp oil
» Making Vegetable Layer //
- Heat oil in a pan. Add sliced potato along with turmeric powder, and salt. Let them cook for 4 minutes.
- Now add the bell pepper, and sliced onions. Let them sauté for 3 more minutes. Remove from heat and keep aside.
» Making Biryani //
- Pre-heated oven at 200°C (400°F).
- Take an oven safe bowl, and grease it with oil.
- Take 1/4th of rice and spread to form layer 1.
- Now add half of the sautéed vegetables to form layer 2.
- Take other 1/4thof rice and spread to form layer 3.
- Add all of the gravy to form layer 4. Slice koftas in half and arrange on top of the layer 4.
- Spread remaining rice to form layer 5.
- Spread remaining sautéed vegetables to form layer 6.
- Cover the bowl with foil or lid. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, and serve hot with any raita or plain yogurt. Enjoy!
- No notes for this recipe.