Kesar Chai - Saffron Tea - Kesar Masala Tea
Saffron tea Kesar Chai is a milk tea that is full of good health and helps you in relaxing. This easy to make royal drink is best served as a morning tea.
Recipe Source Link:https://www.mygingergarlickitchen.com/spiced-kesar-chai-spiced-saffron-tea-video/
« Go back Print this recipe »
Prep Time = 5 minutes
Cook Time = 10 minutes
Total Time = 15 minutes
Category = Drinks
Cuisine = Indian
Serves = 2
Nutrition Info = 57 calories
Serving Size = 1 serving
» For Kesar Chai/Saffron Tea:
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon black tea leaves (you can also use 2 black tea bags)
- 10 -12 saffron strands
- 1 inch cinnamon stick
- 1 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar or as per taste
» Making Kesar Chai/Saffron Tea:
- Pour the water into a saucepan.
- Add saffron strands, cardamom powder, pepper, cinnamon stick, and then bring it to a boil.
- After that, add the tea leaves and boil for 3-4 minutes over medium-low heat.
- Add milk to the saucepan.
- Now, add sugar and stir well. Let it come to a rolling boil.
- Turn the heat to low, and then boil for 7-8 minutes.
- Once boiled, strain the tea into cups and sprinkle some saffron strands on top. Serve immediately with your favorite cookies.
- No notes for this recipe.