Mushroom Tikki - Mushroom Cutlet
Sizzling Mushroom Tikki is a cutlet recipe. Which is prepared with mushroom, onion, potatoes, and some spices. This is a perfect vegetarian snack recipes.
Recipe Source Link:https://www.mygingergarlickitchen.com/sizzling-mushroom-tikki-recipe/
« Go back Print this recipe »
Prep Time = 5 minutes
Cook Time = 20 minutes
Total Time = 25 minutes
Category = Snack
Cuisine = Indian
Serves = 5
Nutrition Info = 67 calories
Serving Size = 1 Tikki
» For Mushroom Tikki //
- 2 cups button mushrooms, finely chopped
- 2 + 4 tablespoons oil
- 2 medium-sized onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped ginger and garlic
- 4 large-sized potatoes boiled, peeled, and mashed
- 2 small-sized green chilies, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro (coriander) leaves, chopped
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup semolina (rawa)
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon chaat masala powder
- 1/3 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 4 tablespoons gram flour (besan), more if needed for binding
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 2 tablespoons chopped cashews
» How to make Mushroom Tikki //
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a pan.
- Once hot, add onions and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add chopped mushrooms and sauté for 4 minutes or till all the moisture gets evaporated. Now, add green chilies, chaat masala, cumin powder, red chili powder, salt, and garam masala powder.
- Mix well and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add gram flour, and mix well. Cook for 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add mashed potatoes and raisins. Mix well until combined.
- Shape into 8-10 lemon sized balls.
- Roll the balls in semolina, and press them slightly to shape into patties.
- Heat 4 tablespoons oil in a pan.
- Once hot, arrange tikkis in the pan.
- Shallow fry the patties over medium-low heat from both sides till they turn golden brown.
- Serve Mushroom Tikki hot with your favorite chutney or ketchup, and a cup of tea. Enjoy!
- Semolina is used for a crispy coating. You can also roll tikkis in breadcrumbs.