Kadai Mushroom (Restaurant Style)
This delicious and flavourful Shahi Kadai Mushroom curry is cooked in onion tomtaot gravy. It is best served with with naan or rice.
Recipe Source Link:https://www.mygingergarlickitchen.com/shahi-kadai-mushroom-video-recipe/
« Go back Print this recipe »
Prep Time = 15 minutes
Cook Time = 25 minutes
Total Time = 40 minutes
Category = Side
Cuisine = Indian
Serves = 4-5
Nutrition Info = 70 calories
Serving Size = 1 Serving
» For Kadai Mushroom:
- 1 + 1 + 3 tablespoons ghee
- 1 bay leaf (tej patta)
- 1 inch cinnamon stick (dalchini)
- 2 green cardamoms (hari elaichi)
- 4 cloves (laung)
- 1 cup onion and ginger-garlic paste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper (kali mirch)
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder (haldi powder)
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon kashmiri red chili powder (you can also use regular red chili powder)
- 2 teaspoons kitchen king masala (you can get it at any Asian grocery store)
- 2 tablespoons kasuri methi (dried fenugreek leaves)
- 1 medium-sized green chili, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cream
- 1 teaspoon brown/regular sugar
- 1-inch butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 cups button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large-sized bell pepper (capsicum), julienned
- 2 medium-sized onions, cubed
- Salt as per taste
- 2 tablespoons desiccated coconut (optional)
» For Garnish:
- 1 teaspoon ginger julienned
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon pepper julienned
» Make Kadai Mushroom:
- Heat 1 tablespoon ghee in a pan, and add sliced mushrooms to it.
- Saute them till the water evaporates completely, and mushrooms turn brown. Once cooked, transfer sautéed mushrooms onto a plate.
- Heat 1 tablespoon ghee in the same pan and add onions and bell peppers.
- Saute them till the onions are light golden in color. Once done, transfer them onto a plate.
- Now, heat 3 tablespoon ghee in the same pan.
- Add cinnamon stick, green cardamoms, cloves, and bay leaf. Saute for a few seconds.
- Add onion, ginger-garlic paste and saute for 1 minute.
- Add turmeric powder and saute for another minute.
- Now add ground pepper and saute for 1 more minute.
- Add the tomato puree and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add red chili powder and kitchen king masala and mix well, and saute for a minute.
- Add Kasuri methi and saute for 1 minute.
- Add salt and mix well, saute for another minute.
- Add green chili and cook for a few minutes till you see oil releasing from the sides.
- Add cream, brown sugar and mix well, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Now add mushrooms, onion, bell pepper, and mix well.
- Also, add desiccated coconut, if using. Mix everything well and cook for few seconds.
- Add butter cube and mix well again. Cook for 3-4 minutes on medium heat.
- Remove from heat. Garnish with pepper, almond slices, and ginger. Serve hot Kadai mushroom with homemade garlic naan, chapati, or rice.
- No notes for this recipe.