Seviyan Kheer - Rose Flavored Vermicelli Pudding
Seviyan kheer or Rose Flavored Vermicelli Pudding is a very delicious and popular Indian dessert prepared with thin vermicelli, milk, sugar, and rose water.
Recipe Source Link:https://www.mygingergarlickitchen.com/rose-flavored-vermicelli-pudding/
« Go back Print this recipe »
Prep Time = 5 minutes
Cook Time = 25 minutes
Total Time = 30 minutes
Category = Dessert
Cuisine = Indian
Serves = 4-6
Nutrition Info = 233 calories
Serving Size = 1 serving
» For Seviyan Kheer - Rose Flavored Vermicelli Pudding //
- 3 1/2 cups full cream milk
- 1 teaspoon ghee or butter
- 1 cup roasted vermicelli, broken into rough 2? pieces
- 4 tablespoons sugar, or as per taste
- 1 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 2 tablespoons rosewater
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1 tablespoon almonds, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cashew nuts chopped
- 1 tablespoon pistachio, chopped for garnishing
- dried rose petals for garnishing
» How to Make Seviyan Kheer - Rose Flavored Vermicelli Pudding //
- Heat a pan, and add 1 teaspoon clarified butter to it. Add broken vermicelli and roast for a minute.
- Heat another pan, and add milk to it.
- Once the milk has reduced, add the roasted vermicelli to the milk and cook on medium heat for 10-15 minutes, or until the vermicelli is soft.
- Add sugar, cardamom powder and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add rose water along with almonds, cashew nuts, and raisins.
- Mix well, and let it cool. Pour into a serving glasses.
- Garnish with chopped pistachio and rose petals.
- Refrigerate for 4-5 hours. Served chilled after main meals. Enjoy!
- I added rosewater in this kheer. That is completely optional.
- You can also replace rose water with saffron strands to make Saffron flavored Seviyan Kheer.