Roasted Cauliflower Pilaf With Watermelon Sauce
This Roasted Cauliflower Pilaf With Watermelon Sauce has the mouth-watering deliciousness of comfort food at its best. You can enjoy it without any guilt.
Recipe Source Link:https://www.mygingergarlickitchen.com/roasted-cauliflower-pilaf-watermelon-sauce-video-recipe/
« Go back Print this recipe »
Prep Time = 10 minutes
Cook Time = 45 minutes
Total Time = 55 minutes
Category = Main
Cuisine = Indian
Serves = 4
Nutrition Info = 205 calories
Serving Size = 1 Cup
» For Roasted Cauliflower //
- Cauliflower, Broken Florets - 1 Cup
- Olive Oil - 1 Tbsp
- Garlic Cloves Sliced - 2
- Salt - 1/2 Tsp
- Cilantro Leaves - 1 Tbsp
» For Watermelon Sauce //
- Parsley - 5-6 Strands
- Watermelon Diced - 3/4 Cup
- Garlic Cloves Sliced - 2
- Salt And Ground Pepper To Taste
- Nonfat Greek Yogurt - 2 Tbsp (Use Dairy-Free Yogurt For Vegan Version)
- Sweet Chili Sauce - 2 Tbsp
» For Pilaf //
- Oil - 2 Tbsp (I Have Used Sunflower Oil)
- Cumin Seeds - 1 Tsp
- Whole Garam Masala (1 Bay Leaf, 2 Cloves, 1 Dried Red Chili, 1 Black Cardamom, And 1 Cinnamon Stick)
- Ginger-Garlic Paste - 1 Tbsp
- Onion Diced - 2
- Green Peas - 1/2 Cup
- Tomato Puree - 1/2 Cup
- Turmeric Powder - 1/2 Tsp
- Garam Masala Powder - 1/2 Tsp
- Red Chili Powder - 1 Tsp
- Salt To Taste
- Roasted Cauliflower - 1 Cup
- Cooked Basmati Rice - 3 Cup
- Cilantro Leaves For Garnish
» For Serving //
- Watermelon Juice
- Onion Rings
- Lemon Slices
- Watermelon Slices
» How to Roast Cauliflower:
- Heat oven to 200C/180C.
- Toss cauliflower florets with garlic, salt, and olive oil.
- Arrange the florets in a single layer on a large lined baking tray.
- Now add cilantro leaves, sliced garlic.
- Roast for 25 minutes, or until the florets are deeply golden on the edges.
» How to Make Watermelon Sauce:
- In blender or food processor, process parsley, watermelon, garlic, greek yogurt, chili sauce, salt, and pepper until liquefied.
- Cover and store in the refrigerator. Shake well before using.
» How to Make Roasted Cauliflower Pilaf:
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large pan.
- Add cumin seeds, and whole garam masala.
- Saute for few 30 seconds and add ginger-garlic paste.
- Sauté for a minute and then add diced onions.
- Cook for 5 mins until golden.
- Add green peas and cook for 2 more minutes.
- After that, add tomato puree and mix well.Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Now add turmeric powder, garam masala powder, red chili powder, and salt.
- Mix well and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add roasted cauliflower and stir gently.
- Then add cooked rice and mix well. Cook for 3 minutes on medium heat.
- Gently stir occasionally. Remove from heat.
- Garnish roasted cauliflower pilaf with onion slices, coriander leaves.
- Drizzle with watermelon sauce and serve hot.
- No notes for this recipe.