Beet Potato Holiday Salad - Roasted Beet Salad
This colorful and fresh Beet Potato Holiday Salad or Roasted Beetroot Salad is crowd-pleasing side dish to serve during get togethers or holiday parties.
Recipe Source Link:https://www.mygingergarlickitchen.com/roasted-beet-potato-holiday-salad-video-recipe/
« Go back Print this recipe »
Prep Time = 1 hour(s) 30 minutes
Cook Time = 5 minutes
Total Time = 1 hour(s) 35 minutes
Category = Entrée
Cuisine = European
Serves = 4
Nutrition Info = 435 calories
Serving Size = 1 serving
» For Roasted Beet Salad //
- 5 medium beetroot
- 2 medium potato, boiled and peeled
- 3 tablespoons almonds, chopped
- 1/4 cup pomegranate arils
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon garlic cloves, minced
- Salt, pepper and chili flakes to taste
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
» For Serving //
- Pomegranate arils
- Sliced almonds
- Ground pepper
- Whole grain bread slices or garlic breadsticks
» How to Roast Beets //
- Pre-heat oven to 200°C/400°F. Place the beets in the center of a piece of aluminum foil.
- Wrap around the beets. Place the beets in the oven for 45-60 minutes.
- Remove the beets from the oven and slide a knife in and out of the beets, if it slides easily then your beets are roasted.
- Once the beets are cool enough to handle, rub the skins off and wash them under some cold water. Delicious roasted beets ready.
» How to Make Roasted Beets Salad //
- Grate boiled potato and beets.
- Combine beets, potato, pomegranate arils, chopped almonds, dried cranberries, garlic, honey, chili flakes, sour cream, mayonnaise, ground pepper and salt in a large bowl.
- Toss everything well.Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Scoop chilled beet salad over a bed of lettuce.
- Top with almond slices, pomegranate arils, and sprinkle some pepper powder.
- Enjoy with some whole grain bread slices or garlic breadsticks.
- No notes for this recipe.