Restaurant Style Kaju Curry - Cashew Curry - Kaju Masala
Kaju Curry or Cashew Curry is a rich, and creamy curry made with roasted cashews and creamy onion toamto gravy. Learn to make best kaju curry with video.
Recipe Source Link:https://www.mygingergarlickitchen.com/restaurant-style-shahi-kaju-curry-cashew-curry-video-recipe/
« Go back Print this recipe »
Prep Time = 10 minutes
Cook Time = 25 minutes
Total Time = 35 minutes
Category = Side
Cuisine = Indian
Serves = 4
Nutrition Info = 190 calories
Serving Size = 1 Serving
» For Roasting Cashews:
- Cashew nuts / kaju - 1 cup
- Ghee or oil - 1 tablespoon
» For Gravy:
- Oil - 2 tablespoons
- Bay leaf / tej patta - 1
- Cloves / laung - 4
- Cinnamon stick / dalchini - 1 inch
- Dried red chili / sukhi lal mirch - 1
- Star anise / chakra phool - 1
- Black cardamom / moti elaichi - 1
- Peppercorns / kali mirch - 4
- Boiled onion paste - 1/2 cup
- Ginger-garlic paste - 2 tablespoons
- Freshly pureed tomatoes - 1 cup
- Ginger chopped roughly - 1/2 inch
- Green chilies chopped roughly - 2 small
- Kitchen king masala - 1 tablespoon
- Red chili powder / lal mirch powder - 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder / haldi powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander powder / dhania powder - 1 teaspoon
- Garam masala powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Ground cashew - 4 tablespoons
- Water - 1/2 cup or more if required
- Salt to taste
- Sugar - 1 teaspoon
- Ghee - 1 teaspoon
- Crushed kasoori methi (dried fenugreek leaves) - 1 1/2 tablespoons
- Cashew cream or fresh cream - ¼ cup + 1 tablespoon for garnish (you can also use fresh milk cram aka malai)
- Cilantro / coriander leaves, chopped - 1 tablespoon
» Roasting Cashews:
- Heat 1 tablespoon of ghee or oil in a pan.
- Add cashews and roast them on medium heat till they are golden brown in color. Stir continuously till it becomes nice golden brown.
- Once done, drain and transfer them to a bowl. Keep them aside.
» How To Make Shahi Kaju Curry:
- Add 2 tablespoons of oil or ghee to the same pan.
- Once the oil is hot enough, add bay leaf, cloves, cinnamon stick, dried red chili, star anise, black cardamom, peppercorns, ginger garlic paste, and sauté sauté for a minute.
- After that, add onion paste and stir well.
- Saute until onion paste is golden in color. This would take about 6-7 minutes.
- Once the onions are cooked, add tomato puree and Stir well.
- Cook covered for 5 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Now, add red chili powder, kitchen king masala, coriander powder, turmeric powder and ground cashews, and stir well. Let them cook for 2 minutes.
- Add water and stir well until combined. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add in Kasuri methi, salt, sugar, garam masala powder, roasted cashews, and mix well.
- Add more water 1/4 needed, cook covered again for 5 minutes.
- Now, add cashew cream or milk cream and mix everything well.
- Cook for another minute and remove from heat. Add ghee and stir well.
- Transfer kaju curry to a serving bowl and garnish with coriander leaves, cream, and cashews.
- Serve hot with paneer naan or paratha.
- No notes for this recipe.