Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies
These cakey Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies are stunning, chewy, velvety, delicious, and festive. Perfect ideal Christmas cookies with ultimate crinkles on top.
« Go back Print this recipe »
Prep Time = 10 minutes
Cook Time = 12 minutes
Total Time = 22 minutes
Category = Dessert
Cuisine = America
Serves = 24-26
Nutrition Info = 170 calories
Serving Size = 1 serving
» List of Ingredients
- Following are all the ingredients
» For Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies //
- 1 2/3 cup flour (I have used all purpose flour)
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon red food coloring, or more, if needed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup confectioner sugar for rolling cookies
» How to Bake Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies //
- In a mixing bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, salt, baking powder and keep it aside.
- In another large mixing bowl add butter, eggs, and cream together.
- Add dry ingredients and whisk well to combine.
- After that, add red food color and mix well. Add more color until the dough is bright in the red color.
- Wrap the bowl and chill in the refrigerator for 4-5 hours.
- Preheat your oven to 175°C/350°F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and set aside. Then shape dough into about 1-inch balls using a melon baller or a teaspoon.
- Roll balls into the confectioner sugar to completely coat.
- Arrange them on a baking tray 2 inches apart. Bake for 11-12 minutes or until cookies beautifully puffed.
- Allow them to cool for 2 minutes.
- Transfer to wire racks and cool completely.
- Enjoy red velvet cookies with milk or coffee.
- You can also add white or brown chocolate chips for more chocolaty flavor.
- If you want to spread these cookies then only freeze for 30 minutes. Or if refrigerating the dough overnight, then you can let the dough rest at the counter for 1 hour before baking.