Rajasthani Mirchi Vada - Potato Stuffed Chili Peppers
Rajasthani Mirchi Vada is a famous street food of Rajasthan. They are chili peppers stuffed with potato and then dipped in gram flour batter and deep-fried.
Recipe Source Link:https://www.mygingergarlickitchen.com/rajasthani-mirchi-vada-video-recipe/
« Go back Print this recipe »
Prep Time = 8 minutes
Cook Time = 20 minutes
Total Time = 28 minutes
Category = Snacks
Cuisine = Indian
Serves = 6
Nutrition Info = 264 calories
Serving Size = 1 serving
» For potato stuffing //
- 4-5 medium-sized potatoes, boiled and peeled
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped coriander
- 2 teaspoons red chili powder, or according to your taste
- 1/2 teaspoons garam masala powder
- 1 teaspoons dried mango powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoons coriander seeds
» for batter //
- 2 cups gram flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- oil to deep fry
- for pakoras //
- 6 chili peppers (mirchi) (i used yellow, you can use any other peppers)
» Make Stuffing //
- Heat a pan; add coriander seeds and fennel seeds and toast.
- Remove them from the pan and slightly crush them using a mortar and pestle.
- To a plate, add boiled potatoes, chopped coriander, red chili powder, garam masala powder, dried mango powder, toasted and crushed coriander seeds, and fennel seeds, and salt.
- Mash well to make a mixture. Keep it aside
» Make Batter //
- In a bowl, add gram flour, add 1 teaspoon salt.
- Add enough water, and whisk well to prepare a thick batter.
- Add baking soda and whisk well again.
» How to Make Mirchi Vada //
- To scoop out the seeds from the mirchis (peppers), slit the pepper lengthwise and discard the seeds.
- Rinse the peppers well.
- Dry them with a muslin cloth.
- Stuff the peppers with the potato mixture. Keep them aside
- Now, heat oil in a pan.
- After that, coat the mirchis (peppers) with the batter.
- Shake off excess batter and drop mirchis into the hot oil.
- Deep fry Mirchi Vadas till they are crisp and golden.
- Once golden and crispy, drain them on an absorbent paper.
- Serve piping hot Mirchi Vada with your favorite chutney and tea/coffee.
- No notes for this recipe.