Potato Roses - Potato Gratins (Video)
Delicious and elegant potato roses or potato gratins would make a lovely dish for dinner party. You can make them ahead and re-gheat in the pan or oven.
« Go back Print this recipe »
Prep Time = 10 minutes
Cook Time = 55 minutes
Total Time = 1 hour(s) 5 minutes
Category = Side Dish
Cuisine = French
Serves = 7
Nutrition Info = 218 calories
Serving Size = 1 serving
» For Potato Roses - Potato Gratins
- Yellow/gold potatoes - 4 medium
- Garlic Olive Oil - 4-5 Tablespoons (Or Use Olive Oil + 1 Tablespoon Garlic Powder)
- Italian Seasoning - 1 Tablespoon
- Kosher Salt - 1 Teaspoon Or As Per Taste
- Ground Black Pepper - 1/2 Teaspoon
- Grated Parmesan Cheese - 1/4 Cup + 2 Tablespoons
» How to Make Potato Roses - Potato Gratins //
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/375F.
- Use a food processor or a mandolin slicer to slice the potatoes.
- Generously grease a muffin tin with melted butter and set it aside.
- Place potato slices in a bowl.
- Also, add italian seasoning, garlic oil, ¼ cup parmesan cheese, salt and black pepper. Drizzle in the remaining melted butter.
- Toss with your hands until all the potatoes are coated well, it would take about 1-2 minutes.
- On a board; arrange 10-11 potato slices partially overlapped in a row.
- Starting with the first slice, Start at one end and carefully roll them up, you have a rose shape. If needed, you can add a few more slices to make a bigger rose.
- Hold the rose tightly between your fingers and place it in a greased muffin cup.
- Sprinkle with some more parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake at 190°C for around 55-60 minutes until the edges are cooked, golden and crispy.
- Loosen the edges of potato roses with a fork to lift out.
- Arrange in a serving dish and enjoy.
- No notes for this recipe.
For questions and suggestions:
If you have any questions or suggestions about this recipe, please do contact us via this contact form or via the social channels:
Website: www.mygingergarlickitchen.com // Contact Form // Facebook Page // Youtube Page // Instagram Page // Pinterest Page