Perfect Vegetarian Pizza from Scratch
Perfect Vegetarian Pizza Recipe is a gastronome tour-de-force. Making this traditional Italian pizza dough is super easy, fun and stress busting.
Recipe Source Link:https://www.mygingergarlickitchen.com/perfect-vegetarian-pizza-video-recipe-how-to-make-pizza-dough-from-scratch/
« Go back Print this recipe »
Prep Time = 10 minutes
Cook Time = 12 minutes
Total Time = 22 minutes
Category = Main
Cuisine = Italian
Serves = 4
Nutrition Info = 155 calories
Serving Size = 1 serving
» For Pizza:
- 500 g white bread flour
- Extra flour for dusting
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (I used 7 g sachet) dried yeast
- 3-4 teaspoons semolina, for dusting
- 2 tablespoons + 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic grated
- 1 1/2 cups shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 335 ml lukewarm water (I used water at 40°C)
» For Toppings //
- Red bell pepper, sliced
- Mushrooms, sliced
- Sun-dried tomatoes, sliced
- Red onion, sliced
- Cherry tomatoes, sliced
- Fresh lettuce, sliced
- 3/4 cup pizza sauce
- Groun pepper & chili flakes (optional)
» How to make Perfect vegetarian Pizza //
- Combine the flour and salt in a large bowl.
- Add the yeast to the lukewarm water and stir well till it dissolves.
- Now gradually add the yeast mixture to the flour and mix well.
- Add 2 tablespoons olive oil and mix well with a spoon/fork until you get a rough dough.
- Transfer it onto a work surface and knead until it comes together or forms into a smooth and elastic dough ball.
- This kneading process would take around 8-10 mins. You can add more dry flour if you think it's too sticky.
- Divide the dough into four equal-sized balls and knead each piece for about 2 minutes.
- Dust a tray with semolina and place the balls on it.
- Cover the dough balls with a damp kitchen towel and let it rest in a warm place to rise for about 2 hours or until doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/gas on the settings to upper and lower heating. Then dust a working surface with dry flour.
- Using your hands or a rolling pin, stretch the ball into a 10-12 inch circle or until you have a flattened disk of the desired size. The edge should be slightly thicker. (Repeat the rolling process with the remaining dough balls)
- Sprinkle some semolina or dry flour on a baking tray, and place the pizza base on the floured baking tray and then use your hands to gently tug.
- In a small bowl, mix garlic and olive oil and set aside.
- Evenly spread the pizza sauce over the pizza base.
- Now add sliced mushroom, bell pepper, onions, olives, cherry tomatoes, and sun-dried tomatoes.
- Spread over the shredded cheese (mozzarella + parmesan). Also, sprinkle some oregano on top.
- Place the pizza in the oven for 10 to 12 minutes. (The baking time depends on how crispy you like your pizza. I usually bake 7 minutes on the upper rack, and then I transfer it to the lower rack for best results.
- Drizzle with garlic olive oil.
- Drizzle pizza with desired sauce, lettuce, and more extra virgin olive oil.
- Slice and enjoy you perfect vegetarian pizza!
- No notes for this recipe.