Peppery Hot Broccoli Cheese Dip Recipe
Make this hot, cheesy, creamy, spicy Broccoli Cheese Dip as an appetizer any day. Have this on a toasted bread as breakfast or with some flatbreads as lunch.
Recipe Source Link:https://www.mygingergarlickitchen.com/peppery-hot-broccoli-cheese-dip/
« Go back Print this recipe »
Prep Time = 5 minutes
Cook Time = 10 minutes
Total Time = 15 minutes
Category = Appetizer
Cuisine = Indian
Serves = 4-6
Nutrition Info = 162 calories
Serving Size = 1 serving
» For Blanching //
- Ice cold water
- Broccoli florets - 1 1/2 cups
- Salt - 1 tablesoon
» For Dip //
- Finely chopped green bell pepper - 1/2 cup
- Finely chopped yellow bell pepper - 1/2 cup
- Broccoli, blanched and chopped - 1 cup
- Finely chopped onions - 1/2 cup
- Butter or margarine - 1 tablesoon
- Milk - 1 cup
- Green chili chopped - 1 tablesoon
- Garlic, chopped - 1 tablesoon
- Fresh cream - 1/2 cup
- Shredded mozzarella cheese - 1/2 cup
- Salt to taste
- Crushed rose pepper or black pepper - 1 teaspoon
- Oregano - 1 teaspoon
» For Serving
- Crackers or veggies
» Blanching //
- Fill a pot ? of the way full with water and let it boil.
- Once the water has begun to boil add 1 tablespoon of salt and cut broccoli florets into the boiling water.
- Boil for about 3-4 minutes.
- Fill a large bowl with cold water and a few ice cubes. Set it aside.
- Remove broccoli with a slotted spoon and immediately place the broccoli in the ice water. Let them stay in water for about a minutes and strain them in the colander.
» Making Dip //
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan.
- Add chopped green chilies and chopped garlic.
- Sauté for a few seconds on a medium heat
- Add blanched broccoli, yellow bell pepper and green bell pepper.
- Saute for a minute and add chopped onions and saute for 3-4 minutes.
- Add crushed pepper, oregano and salt.
- Add the cheese, fresh cream and mix well. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add milk and mix well. Cook for another minute.
- Transfer it to a bowl.
- Garnish with some rose pepper, sliced almonds and sunflower seeds. Serve immediately with cracker or veggie of your choice.
- No notes for this recipe.