No Bake Mango Cheesecake
This No-Bake Mango Cheesecake is loaded with fresh mango flavors and is shockingly easy to make just with your blender/food processor. Serve it as a dessert.
Recipe Source Link:https://www.mygingergarlickitchen.com/no-bake-mango-cheesecake/
« Go back Print this recipe »
Prep Time = 20 minutes
Cook Time = 09 hour(s) 0 minutes
Total Time = 09 hour(s) 20 minutes
Category = Dessert
Cuisine = International
Serves = 8
Nutrition Info = 273 calories
Serving Size = 1
» For Cheesecake Layer //
- 80 grams mango puree, chilled
- 200 grams whipping cream, chilled
- 200 grams cream cheese
- 70 grams (1/3 cup) granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 10 grams (5 teaspoon) agar agar powder (you can also use the same amount of gelatin powder)
- 2 tablespoons cold water + hot water
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
» For Mango Jelly Layer //
- 80 grams mango puree
- 15 grams (1/8 cup) granulated sugar
- 5 grams powdered agar agar powder (or same amount of gelatin powder)
- 30 ml cold water
- Hot water
» For Crust //
- 10 cookies or biscuits (I used digestive, you can use any other biscuits of your choice)
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted (can be replaced with the same amonut of cold milk)
» FOR DECORATION //
- Mango slices
- Fresh herbs
» Equipments //
- 6 inch or 16 cm springform tin/pan
- Blender/food processor
- Knife, cake spatula, flat spatulas, spoon, bowls
- Parchament paper
» Making Crust for Mango Cheesecake//
- Line a springform pan/tin with the parchament paper. Keep it aside.
- Put 10 cookies into a ziplock bag and crush with a rolling pin until it resembles coarse crumbs. Alternatively, you can also process them in a food processor.
- Add the melted butter and mix well until combined. I mixed in ziplock bag itself, but you can also transfer biscuit crumbs to a bowl and then mix it with the melted butter.
- Next, pour cookie crumbs mixture into the prepared cake pan.
- Press down first with the a back of a spoon and then with the back of a bowl to make the crust.
- Once the crust is ready, place the pan in the refrigerator for 1 hour to let the crust set.
» Making Cheesecake Layer for Mango Cheesecake//
- Add agar agar powder to a small bowl.
- Then ad 2 tablespoons of colod water to it and mix well. Let it sit for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, mix it with the spoon. Then add some hot water to a large mixing bowl.
- After that, place the agar agar mixture bowl over it. You can also microwave at 700 watts for 10 seconds.
- Mix well until the mixture is melted. Keep is aside.
- Add cream cheese, whipping cream, sugar, lemon juice, mango puree, and agar agar mixture to a blender.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the cheesecake mixture onto the crust and refrigerate for 4 hours or until set.
» Making Mango Jelly for Mango Cheesecake //
- Add 5 grams agar agar powder to a small bowl. Then add 30 ml of cold water to it and mix well.
- Then add some hot water to a large mixing bowl and place the agar agar mixture bowl over it. Mix well until hot. You can also microwave at 700 watts for 10 seconds.
- Add sugar and mix well till the sugar melts completely.
- Remove the bowl from the water and add mango puree. Mix well until combined.
- Add mango cunks and mix well again.
- Pour this mango jelly mixture on top of the cheesecake layer.
- Cover with a cling wrap and refrigerate for 4 hours of until set. You can also refrigerate overnight.
» How To Serve No Bake Mango Cheesecake //
- Decorate with mango slices and herbs.
- Remove from pan and transfer to a plate.
- Slice and enjoy!
- For this recipe (cheesecake layer) I used 10 grams of agar agar powder, but if you want to use gelatin powder then you can replace it with the same amount.
- To elevate the mango flavors, I use my freshly homemade mango puree. If you do not want to make puree yourself, then you can also use canned mango pulp.
- Canned mango pulp is usually sweeter. So, if using canned pulp for this recipe, then taste it before adding it to the blender, and then adjust the amount of sugar accordingly. In my opinion, 70 grams of sugar would be enough for the cheesecake layer.
- If you do not want to use mango pulp for the cheesecake layer, then you can also use ripe and juicy chopped mangoes. Just add chopped mangoes to the blender along with other cheesecake ingredients. For this recipe, you will need 2 large mangoes for the cheesecake layer.
- This cheesecake has fresh mango slices on the top, and they get slightly darker when exposed to air for prolonged periods. To avoid this, you can either skip the mango decoration part completely or decorate when you are planning to serve it. You can also use canned mango chunks for decoration, that way they will not change color faster.
- You can swap cream cheese with mascarpone cheese to make no bake mascarpone mousse cake.
- Use the heavy whipping cream to get the best creamy texture of cheesecake.
- This cake tastes best when full-fat cream cheese is used. But you can surely substitute it with light cream cheese.
- Use unsalted butter for the cookie mixture.
- Always put fresh mango slices for decoration right before serving.