Moong Dal Palak Idli
Moong Dal Palak Idli is a steamed savory cake made with moong dal, yogurt, and spinach. This is a protein rich, light and a healthy dish. Serve with chutney.
Recipe Source Link:https://www.mygingergarlickitchen.com/moong-dal-palak-idli-recipe/
« Go back Print this recipe »
Prep Time = 10 minutes
Cook Time = 20 minutes
Total Time = 30 minutes
Category = Breakfast
Cuisine = Indian
Serves = 4
Nutrition Info = 128 calories
Serving Size = 1 Idli
» For Moong Dal Palak Idli //
- 1 cup plain yogurt (dhai)
- Salt as per taste
- 1/2 teaspoon eno fruit salt, or baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- oil for brushing moulds
- 2 cups split yellow gram, soaked overnight, drained & grounded into a smooth paste
- 3/4 cup rice flour
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3/4 cup blanched and chopped spinach
- 1 small green chili, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon oil for greasing
- Water, if needed
» How to Make Moong Dal Palak Idli //
- Add everything to a mixing bowl and mix everything well. Add water if needed to make a smooth batter.
- Cover the bowl, and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Add Eno fruit salt/baking soda, and lemon juice to the idli batter, and mix gently until it becomes fluffy.
- Grease the microwave-safe idli moulds and keep aside.
- Add the water to the microwave-safe idli steamer and microwave on high for 30 seconds.
- Add 2 tablespoons of the batter into 4 greased idli moulds and microwave on high heat for 4 minutes.
- Repeat this process with the remaining batter to make the rest of the idlis.
- Serve hot idlis with coriander coconut chutney, and sambar. Enjoy!
- No notes for this recipe.