This enticingly sweet and spicy mango salsa is super simple to make, and astoundingly delicious. It is made with sweet mangoes.
Recipe Source Link:https://www.mygingergarlickitchen.com/mango-salsa/
« Go back Print this recipe »
Prep Time = 5 minutes
Cook Time = 5 minutes
Total Time = 10 minutes
Category = Snack
Cuisine = Mexican
Serves = 4
Nutrition Info = 60 calories
Serving Size = 1
» For Mango Salsa
- 1 ripe mango
- 1 small-sized red onion
- 1 jalapeño
- 1/2 large-sized red bell pepper
- A handful of cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Salt, to taste
» How to make Mango Salsa
- Peel and dice the mango; discard the stone.
- After that, deseed and finely chop jalapeño.
- Now finely chop onion, cilantro, and bell pepper.
- Put the diced mango, chopped red onion, chopped jalapeño, chopped red bell pepper, and chopped cilantro in a medium bowl.
- Drizzle with freshly squeezed lime juice and season to taste with salt. You can also add black pepper. Toss all ingredients together until combined. Chill for 15-20 minutes. This step helps in enhancing the salsa flavor. But this step is entirely optional.
- Serve immediately as a dip for chips, crackers, or as a topping for tacos.
- You can store it in a refrigerator in an air-tight container for up to 4 days.
- Always cut the mangoes when you are planning to make salsa, or else it might turn black.
- If you find jalapeno is too hot, then you can reduce the amount, or you can swap it with green pepper.
- You can also add some black pepper or cayenne pepper seasonings.