Lemon Rice Recipe - How To Make South Indian Lemon Rice
Learn to make South Indian Lemon Rice with leftover rice. This is a popular South Indian rice dish prepared with lemon, peanuts, and spices.
Recipe Source Link:https://www.mygingergarlickitchen.com/lemon-rice-recipe/
« Go back Print this recipe »
Prep Time = 5 minutes
Cook Time = 10 minutes
Total Time = 15 minutes
Category = Main
Cuisine = Indian
Serves = 4
Nutrition Info = 175 calories
Serving Size = 1
» For to Make Lemon Rice //
- 2 cups cooked basmati rice
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon split Bengal gram (chana dal)
- 1 teaspoon white lentils (urad dal)
- 1 teaspoon ginger, finely chopped (if you are using)
- 1 tablespoon curry leaves
- 2 medium-sized green chilies, chopped
- 4-5 small dried red chilies
- 1 tablespoon cashew nuts
- 4 tablespoons peanuts
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- salt to taste
» How to Make Lemon Rice //
- Heat the 2 tablespoon oil in a large non-stick frying pan.
- Add mustard seeds, split bengal gram, white lentils and stir-fry until lightly browned.
- Add peanuts and cashew nuts to it, and sauté till they turn golden brown.
- Now add the dried red chilies, curry leaves, chopped green chilies and stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Add cooked rice, asafetida, turmeric powder, lemon juice, and salt.
- Mix well and stir fry until heat through. Try not to break up the grains too much.Turn off the heat and cover the rice for about 5 minutes. Lemon Rice is ready.
- To serve, place the rice onto serving plates.
- Serve delicious lemon rice with raita, chutney, pickle, and Papad.
- No notes for this recipe.