Kala Chana Pulav - Exquisite Black Chickpea Brown Rice
Kala Chana Pulav is a delicious, protein rich one pot meal made with brown rice, and black chickpeas. Frying rice with onions gives it a beautiful aroma.
Recipe Source Link:https://www.mygingergarlickitchen.com/kala-chana-pulav-exquisite-black-chickpea-brown-rice-recipe/
« Go back Print this recipe »
Prep Time = 20 minutes
Cook Time = 30 minutes
Total Time = 50 minutes
Category = Main
Cuisine = Indian
Serves = 4
Nutrition Info = 200 calories
Serving Size = 1 Serving
» For Black Chickpea Brown Rice Pulao //
- 2 cups brown rice, washed and soaked in water for 2 hours
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1/2 cup tomato puree
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1/4 tsp garam masala powder
- 1/2 tsp dried mango powder (amchur powder)
- 1 cup black chickpea (kala chana), soaked in water overnight and cooked
- salt as per taste
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
» How to Make Black Chickpea Brown Rice Pulao //
- Take a pan and add 3 cups water to it, and heat.
- Now add rice to the boiling water, and cook till water evaporates.
- You can add 2-3 tbsp more water, if the rice is not cooked. Remove form heat, and keep aside.
- Heat another pan and add oil to it. Now add the onions and sauté them, till they turn light brown in color.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste, tomatoes, turmeric powder, chili powder, garam masala powder, salt, and dried mango powder.
- Let them cook for 5 minutes.
- Add black chickpea and rice. Mix gently and cook for another 3 to 4 minutes.
- Serve hot with any of your favorite salads or raita. Enjoy!
- No notes for this recipe.