Kaju Pista Roll Recipe - Cashew Pistachio Fudge
Kaju Pista Roll or Cashews Pistachios Fudge is a classic and popular Indian dessert laden with sweet and nutty flavors from cashews and pistachios.
Recipe Source Link:https://www.mygingergarlickitchen.com/kaju-pista-roll/
« Go back Print this recipe »
Prep Time = 15 minutes
Cook Time = 25 minutes
Total Time = 40 minutes
Category = Dessert
Cuisine = Indian
Serves = 15-18 rolls
Nutrition Info = 75 calories
Serving Size = 1 roll
» For Kaju Pista Rolls //
- 1 cup cashew nuts (kaju)
- ¾ cup pistachios (pista)
- ¼ cup powdered sugar or icing sugar (shakkar)
- ¼ teaspoon cardamom powder (ilaichi powder)
- 2 tablespoon milk or water
- 2 tablespoons + 2 tsp ghee (clarified butter)
» Optional Ingredients //
- Few drops of green food color
- ½ tsp of kewra water or rose water
- Edible silver leaf (chandi ka warq)
- Orange food color
» How To Powder Cashew //
- Add cashews to a blending jar and grind for about 1 minute. Do not over grind, otherwise, the powder would start turning into a paste.
- Next, pass it through a sieve and discard all the big chunks which are left behind after sieving.
- This way you will get the finest powder without the big particles and this would ensure that your cashew dough would come out soft. Transfer it to a bowl, your cashew powder is ready. Keep it aside
» How To Powder Pistachios //
- Add pistachios to a blending jar and grind for about 1 minute. Transfer it to a mixing bowl. Your pistachio powder is ready.
» How To Make Pistachio Dough //
- For making pistachio dough, combine the pistachio powder, powdered sugar, cardamom powder, and green food in a mixing bowl. Mix everything well to combine.
- Next, add milk and make a smooth dough. Once the pistachio dough is ready, set it aside.
» How To Make Sugar Syrup //
- Add sugar and water in a pan boil over medium heat.
- Keep it boiling until sugar is fully dissolved and the syrup has reached to 1-string consistency (ek taar ki chashni). To check sugar syrup consistency, pour a drop of syrup in a plate or bowl. Allow it to cool for a few seconds. Touch the syrup with the index finger and then touch your thumb and index finger together and gently pull apart. If the syrup forms a single thread that does not break, then your 1 string or 1 tread sugar syrup is ready.
» How To Make Cashew Dough //
- Once the sugar syrup is ready, immediately switch the heat to low and add the cashew powder.
- Cook the mixture on low heat for 3-4 or until the mixture thickens. Keep stirring continuously.
- Add rose water and mix again.
- Next, add 1 tablespoon ghee and mix well.
- Turn off the heat, and transfer it to a mixing bowl.
- Add 1 teaspoon ghee to it, and mix using a spoon.
- Once it is slightly cool to touch, transfer it to parchment-lined rolling surface. (You can also grease the paper.)
- Now grease your palm and start folding and kneading it to make a smooth dough. You may add some ghee while kneading the dough.
» How To Shape Kaju Pista Roll //
- Once the cashew dough is smooth, cover it with another parchment paper, and roll using a rolling pin into a thin sheet.
- Cut the rolled cashew sheet into two equal parts from the center to divide it into two pieces.
- Next, divide the pistachio dough stuffing into 2 portions and roll each portion into a thin log. Similarly, roll the other portion of pistachio dough stuffing as well.
- Now place 1 pistachio log over the cashew sheet.
- With the help of parchment paper, start folding tight and rolling from the end until all the outer layer of the cashew sheet is rolled into a log.
- Repeat the same with other pistachio log and cashew sheet halve.
- Once the rolls a folded, seal the edges. Roll them more to smoothen and lengthen.
- Decorate rolls with silver warq.
- Cut the edges and cut both the roll into 1.5-inch long cylinder shape.
- Top with ghee mixed orange color, and then top each roll with sliced pistachios.
- Kaju Pista Rolls are ready. Serve them along with snacks or as a dessert along with main meals.
- For storing, transfer them into an air-tight container and store these kaju pista rolls for up to 15 to 20 days in the refrigerator.
- You need to make a fine powder of cashews, but do not powder cashews too much, or else they will turn into a paste. So keep a close eye when grinding cashews.
- Pass the cashew powder through a sieve to make sure that there are no big pieces in the cashew powder. Straining the powder would make the powder-fine and your rolls would turn out smoother.