Instant Pot Aloo Matar - Potato Peas Curry
Aloo Matar is a quick, easy, simple and comforting Indian curry made with potatoes and green peas. This vegan, gluten-free curry is ideal for lunch/dinner.
Recipe Source Link:https://www.mygingergarlickitchen.com/instant-pot-aloo-matar-recipe/
« Go back Print this recipe »
Prep Time = 05 minutes
Cook Time = 20 minutes
Total Time = 25 minutes
Category = Side
Cuisine = Indian
Serves = 4
Nutrition Info = 123 calories
Serving Size = 1
» For Aloo Matar in Instant Pot //
- 2 medium sized potatoes/aloo, peeled and diced
- 3/4 green peas/hare matar (frozen and fresh both work)
- 2 tablespoons oil/tel
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds/jeera
- Pinch of asafoetida/hing
- 1/2 cup onions/pyaaj
- 2 medium sized tomatoes/tamatar, diced
- 4 cloves of garlic/lehsun
- 1-inch piece ginger/adrak
- 3 small green chilis/hari mirch
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder/lal mirch powder
- 2 teaspoons coriander powder/dhaniya powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder/haldi powder
- 1 teaspoon dried mango powder/amchoor powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garam masala powder
- Salt/namak to taste
- 2 tablespoons coriander leaves/hara dhania
» How to make Aloo Matar in Instant Pot //
- Add tomatoes, ginger, and garlic to a blender and puree.
- Once pureed, keep it aside.
- Start the instant pot in sauté mode. When the display reads ?Hot', add oil.
- Once the oil heats up, add cumin seeds and asafetida.
- When the cumin seeds start to splutter, add chopped onions and sauté them for 2 minutes.
- Then add prepared tomato puree and stir well. Sauté for 3-4 minutes, or until the mixture come to a boil.
- Now add spices and sauté for another 2 more minutes.
- Now just add green peas, potatoes and mix well.
- Add water and stir well again.
- Cover the instant pot with lid, set the valve to sealing position.
- Cook on manual (high pressure) for 3 minutes. NPR (Natural pressure release) for 5 minutes, and then do a quick pressure release.
- Once the pin drops, open the lid.
- Add the Garam Masala powder, and chopped coriander leaves.
- Mix well and cook for 1 minute. Lightly mash potatoes using a fork, this is to ensure that you get a thick creamy gravy.
- Serve hot with some garlic tandoori roti or brown rice.
» How to make Aloo Matar on stovetop Pressure Cooker //
- Add tomatoes, ginger, and garlic to a blender and puree. Keep it aside.
- Heat oil in the pan or pressure cooker.
- Add cumin seeds and asafetida. Add the chopped onions and sauté them for 2-3 minutes.
- Then add pureed tomatoes, and saute for 3 minutes over medium heat.
- Add the spices and mix everything well. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add green peas, potato, and water. Mix well, and let it come to boil.
- After that, just close the pressure cooker lid and pressure cook for 2 whistles on medium heat.
- Turn-off the stove, and let the pressure cool off completely before opening the lid.
- Now add garam masala and chopped coriander leaves.
- Mix well and cook for 2 minutes.
- Also, lightly mash the potatoes using a fork.
- Serve hot with any flatbread of your choice.
- No notes for this recipe.