Jau Ki Achaari Roti - Pickled Barley Flatbread
Hare pyaz wali jau ki achaari roti is a quick and nutritious Indian flatbread cooked with wheat flour, barley flour, spring onions, pickle, and some spices.
Recipe Source Link:https://www.mygingergarlickitchen.com/hare-pyaz-wali-jau-ki-achaari-roti-pickled-spring-onions-barley-flatbread-signature-recipe/
« Go back Print this recipe »
Prep Time = 10 minutes
Cook Time = 20 minutes
Total Time = 30 minutes
Category = Side
Cuisine = Indian
Serves = 4
Nutrition Info = 108 calories
Serving Size = 1 Roti
» For Hare Pyaz Wali Jau Ki Achaari Roti:
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta)
- 1 cup barley flour (jau ka atta)
- 1 cup spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 medium-sized green chili, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds (jeera)
- 2 tablespoons grated pickle (I used mixed pickle)
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder (lal mirch powder)
- Salt to taste
- 2-3 tablespoons oil/ghee for cooking roti
» Making Hare Pyaz Wali Jau Ki Achaari Roti:
- Take a mixing bowl. Add all the ingredients and knead to make a soft dough by adding water.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal portions. Roll out to a circle of about 5 inch diameter.
- Heat a pan over medium heat, and place rolled roti on it.
- Cook till both sides are slightly brown. Now pour a little oil to both sides and cook for few more seconds.
- Repeat the same process with the remaining dough balls.
- Serve hot with any pickle, chutney, or raita of your choice.
- No notes for this recipe.