Grilled Eggplant Roll-ups
Grilled Eggplant Roll-ups is a spicy, fibrous, protien and iron rich side dish. Here grilled eggplant is stuffed with a tasty mix of split bengal gram.
Recipe Source Link:https://www.mygingergarlickitchen.com/grilled-aubergine-roll-ups-spiced-lentils-recipe/
« Go back Print this recipe »
Prep Time = 10 minutes
Cook Time = 40 minutes
Total Time = 50 minutes
Category = Side
Cuisine = Indian
Serves = 6
Nutrition Info = 221 calories
Serving Size = 1 Serving
» For Grilled Aubergine Roll-Ups with Spiced Lentils //
- aubergine sliced, lengthwise (eggplant/brinjal) - 1
- split bengal gram, washed (chana dal) - 1 cup
- tomato, chopped - 1
- onion, ginger-garlic paste - 1/2 cup
- pinch of asafetida
- cumin seeds - 1 teaspoon
- mustard seeds -1 teaspoon
- turmeric powder - 1/4 teaspoon
- coriander powder - 2 teaspoons
- red chili powder - 1 teaspoon
- tamarind paste - 1 tablespoon
- salt as per taste
- olive oil - 2 tablespoons
- coriander leaves, chopped - 1 tablespoon
» How to Make Grilled Aubergine Roll-Ups with Spiced Lentils //
- Take a pressure cooker. Add chana dal, with 2 cups of water, asafetida, chopped tomatoes, salt, and turmeric powder. Close the coverlid, and pressure cook for 6-7 whistles. Remove from heat, and let the pressure cooker cool down for a while till there is no pressure remaining. Drain extra water, if there is any ( don?t throw that, we will use it in sauce).
- Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds, and mustard seeds to it. When the seeds start to splutter, add onion and ginger-garlic paste to it.
- Let it cook for 3-4 minutes. Now add red chili powder, coriander powder, and tamarind paste along with ? cup of water. Let the spices cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Now add pressure-cooked chana dal and mix well. Add chopped coriander to it. Cook for 5 more minutes. Remove from heat.
- Heat a grill over high heat. Grill the aubergine slices in batches for 3 minutes each side. Allow to cool slightly.
- Spread a heaped tablespoon of the cooked lentils mixture evenly over each eggplant slice. Roll up the eggplant slices, and close with wooden cocktail sticks.
- Arrange some cooked lentils on a serving plate. Top with grilled Aubergine Roll-Ups. Serve hot with steamed rice. Enjoy!
- No notes for this recipe.