Golden Milk (Haldi Doodh)
Golden turmeric milk or haldi doodh is an Ayurvedic Indian drink with many healing properties. This drink is great for cold and cough.
Recipe Source Link:https://www.mygingergarlickitchen.com/golden-milk-haldi-doodh/
« Go back Print this recipe »
Prep Time = 02 minutes
Cook Time = 08 minutes
Total Time = 10 minutes
Category = Drink
Cuisine = Indian
Serves = 2-3
Nutrition Info = 89 calories
Serving Size = 1 serving
» Golden Milk (Haldi Doodh) //
- 2 cups (500ml) of an whole milk (You can also use almond, cashew nuts, coconut or soy milk)
- 1/2 tablespoon of ground turmeric (or 1 tablespoon chopped or grated fresh turmeric root)
- 1 tablespoon chopped / grated fresh ginger (or 1/2 tsp of ginger powder)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (or 2 inch cinnamon stick)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground black peppercorns or as per taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ghee or coconut oil
- Sweetener to taste (honey / maple syrup / sugar / jaggery)
» How to make Golden Milk (Haldi Doodh) //
- To make the golden milk, add milk to a saucepan or pot on medium heat.
- Bring it to a low boil.
- Add turmeric powder, cinnamon, cardamom, black peppercorns, and ginger.
- Stir well. Bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 7-8 minutes or until fragrant and flavorful.
- Add ghee and mix well.
- Turn off the heat sweeten to taste (if desired).
- Stir well. Strain the golden milk through a fine strainer into a jug.
- Pour warm golden milk into serving glasses or mugs.
- Sprinkle with some ground cinnamon. This step is optional.
- Drink it warm before bedtime.
- Turmeric might stain hands, and clothes so makes sure your wear an apron and work with caution.
- You can also make golden milk in advance and store it in refrigerator for up to 3-5 days. Just reheat it before serving.
- I love haldi wala doodh along with some earthy spices. Thus, I add a handful of spices in my Golden milk recipe. You can easily remove any of the spices except black peppercorns from this recipe.