Frozen Mango Yogurt
This 4 ingredient Frozen Mango Yogurt is so deliciously creamy, smooth, tangy, sweet, luscious, and is everything you want on a summer day.
Recipe Source Link:https://www.mygingergarlickitchen.com/frozen-mango-yogurt/
« Go back Print this recipe »
Prep Time = 01 minutes
Cook Time = 04 minutes
Total Time = 06 hour(s) 5 minutes
Category = Dessert/Snack
Cuisine = International
Serves = 8
Nutrition Info = 44 calories
Serving Size = 1 scoop
» For Frozen Mango Yogurt //
- 2 cups frozen mango chunks
- 1/4 cup sugar, or as per taste (you can also use honey or agave nectar)
- 2 cups chilled full cream Turkish / Greek or Strained yogurt (matha or chakka)
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom powder (you can also add vanilla extract)
- A few drops of yellow food coloring, (optional), I only added because my mangoes were not bright yellow
» How To Make Frozen Mango Yogurt //
- Add frozen mangoes, yogurt, cardamom powder, and sugar to a food processor or a blending jar.
- Process or blend until smooth and creamy. You can also stop and scrape if it is hard to blend.
- Once the mixture is until light and fluffy, turn off the blender. And add yellow food color.
- Blend for 1 minute or until combined.
- Using a spatula, transfer the mixture into a freezer-safe container or pan.
- Cover the pan with a cling wrap and freeze for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, remove the pan from the freezer.
- Use a fork or spatula to stir the frozen edges into the still-soft center.
- Whisk to mix everything well together until smooth or simply blend everything using a hand blender.
- Cover the pan with cling wrap again, and freeze for 4-6 hours, if you want firm and scoopable consistency of yogurt. Freeze only for 2 hours if you want soft serve texture of yogurt.
- When the mixture is frozen and hard, take it out from the freezer and let it sit at the kitchen counter for 15-20 minutes before scooping, to allow it to soften.
- Scoop out into dishes or onto cones with an ice cream scoop.
- Enjoy delicious frozen mango yogurt.
- If you want some nutty texture in your frozen yogurt, then you can also add some chopped pistachios or almonds to the mixture before freezing.
- To make it more tropical, you can also add some mango chunks to the mango yogurt mixture before setting it.
- To freeze the leftovers again, stir the mixture and cover with a cling wrap. Freeze and eat whenever your heart craves for some chilled mango treat.
- Non-fat or low-fat yogurt can also be used for this recipe, but then it would be a bit icy, and wont come out so creamy.
- To make it vegan, use coconut or cashew yogurt for this frozen mango recipe. Also, use maple syrup or agave for sweetening.
- To add some nice tang, you can also add lemon or lime zest and juice to this frozen mango yogurt recipe.
- Flavoring of cardamom enhances the taste and the aroma of this frozen yogurt but using it completely optional. So feel free to omit or replace it with other flavorings.
- Some crushed saffron strands can also be added to the yogurt mixture.
- The frozen yogurt will stay fresh in the freezer for up to 1 month.
- You can add 1 frozen banana for a more creamy texture of this mango frozen yogurt. If adding bananas, then you can also reduce the amount of sweetener, because the banana also boosts the natural sweetness.
- You can also add sweetened condensed milk for a creamy and rich texture of this frozen mango yogurt. Use coconut condensed milk if making a vegan version of this recipe.