Potato Stuffed Tandoori Roti - Bharwa Aloo Tandoori Roti
Potato Stuffed Tandoori Roti or Bharwa Aloo Tandoori Roti is an exotic and delicious stuffed Indian flatbread cooked in oven. Tastes great with pickle.
Recipe Source Link:https://www.mygingergarlickitchen.com/exotic-potato-stuffed-tandoori-roti/
« Go back Print this recipe »
Prep Time = 10 minutes
Cook Time = 15 minutes
Total Time = 25 minutes
Category = Side
Cuisine = Indian
Serves = 6-8
Nutrition Info = 185 calories
Serving Size = 1 tandoori roti
» For Potato Stuffing:
- 3 large potatoes, boiled and peeled
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon cilantro leaves (coriander leaves/hara dhaniya), finely chopped
- 2 green chilies, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder (lal mirch powder)
- 1/4 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1 teaspoon amchur powder (dried mango powder)
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds (saunf)
- 1/2 cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1/2 teaspoon chaat masala
- 1/2 teaspoon black salt (kala namak)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or as per taste
» For Chapati Dough:
- 2 cups whole-wheat flour (gehun ka atta)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 tablespoon plain yogurt (dahi)
- a pinch of baking soda
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup warm water for kneading dough
- 2 tablespoon butter or ghee for spreading
» Make Aloo Stuffing:
- Take a large mixing bowl, and add potatoes and mash coarsely.
- Add chopped onions, chopped green chilies, chopped coriander leaves, and all the spices.
- Mix well all the spices with mashed potatoes.
- Divide the potato mixture into 6-8 equal sized balls.
» Make Dough:
- Add wheat flour, yogurt, oil, baking soda, salt and mix well. Now, add enough warm water to make a soft dough.
- Knead well to make a smooth dough.
- Apply a little oil to the dough and cover with a muslin cloth and set aside for 30 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal sized balls and keep aside.
» How to Make Potato Stuffed Tandoori Roti:
- Spread some flour and roll out one dough ball into a circle of 4 inch diameter.
- Place stuffing ball in the center of the dough circle.
- Bring together all the sides in the center and seal tightly.
- Press lightly to seal the edges well.
- Roll out again into a circle of 6 inch diameter with the help of some flour.
- Pre-heat oven to 220°C at broiler setting.
- Place rolled roti on a baking tray, and broil at high for 2 minutes.
- When top side is done, flip and broil again for 2 minutes or until done.
- Once baked, spread butter over it.
- Serve hot with raita, achaar, or chutney.
- No notes for this recipe.