Ladi Pav - Soft and Fluffy Dinner Rolls
Learn to make ladi pav or soft and fluffy dinner rolls with a video tutorial. Making delicate, cushioned and feather-like ladi pav at home is very easy.
Recipe Source Link:https://www.mygingergarlickitchen.com/eggless-ladi-pav-dinner-rolls-recipe-video/
« Go back Print this recipe »
Prep Time = 2 hour(s) 10 minutes
Cook Time = 20 minutes
Total Time = 2 hour(s) 30 minutes
Category = Side
Cuisine = Indian
Serves = 2
Nutrition Info = 106 calories
Serving Size = 18 rolls
» For Eggless Ladi Pav:
- 2.5 cups all-purpose flour (maida)
- 250 ml warm milk (gunguna doodh)
- 1 teaspoon or 5 gms salt
- 1 tablespoon butter or 2 tablespoon oil
- 7 gms instant yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons milk for brushing pav
- 2 teaspoons butter for brushing pav
- Butter/oil for greasing the pan
» Make Dough For Pav (Dinner Rolls)
- Place warm milk in a small bowl; add sugar and yeast.
- Stir well to combine.
- Let it stand for about 10 minutes or until foamy.
- Combine flour and salt in a large bowl, or put in on a kitchen top. Make a well in the center.
- Add yeast mixture little by little and start kneading the dough until you have a soft, shaggy dough. It would take about 3-5 minutes. (Add little water if needed).
- Add 1 tablespoon of butter and knead until smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes. (You can use the scraper to scrape the dough if it was glued to the surface).
- Place dough in the mixing bowl.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap or a kitchen towel.
- Let it stand in a warm spot until the dough has doubled in size. It would take about 1-2 hours.
- Divide the dough into 18 portions; shape into balls.
- Butter a 13-by-9-inch baking pan. (Mine was an 11-by-8 inch pan, that?s why I baked 15 in a large pan, and 3 in a small ).
- Arrange dough balls in prepared pans.
- Cover with a wet towel; let it stand in a warm spot until rolls have doubled in size, about 2 hours. You can also cover the pan loosely with plastic.
» Bake Pav (Dinner Rolls)
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Once rolls have doubled in size, brush milk onto rolls.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or golden brown.
- Smear the top part with a generous amount of butter.
- Cover the baking pan with a towel and let them cool completely.
- Remove cooled pav from the pan.
- Serve pav with bhaji or use it in a vada pav.
- No notes for this recipe.