Aloo Shimla Mirch - Potato Bell Pepper Stir-Fry
Aloo Shimla Mirch or Classic Potato Bell Pepper Stir-fry is a simple, easy and delicious side dish for lunch or dinner. A perfect side for rice or flatbread.
Recipe Source Link:https://www.mygingergarlickitchen.com/classic-potato-bell-pepper-stir-fry/
« Go back Print this recipe »
Prep Time = 10 minutes
Cook Time = 20 minutes
Total Time = 30 minutes
Category = Side
Cuisine = Indian
Serves = 4
Nutrition Info = 317 calories
Serving Size = 1 Serving
» For Classic Potato Bell Pepper Stir-Fry //
- 2 medium-sized potatoes peeled and sliced
- 1 medium-sized bell pepper sliced
- 1 medium-sized onion sliced
- 1 medium-sized tomato sliced
- 1/2 cup green peas, boiled
- 1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 teaspoons coriander powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 fresh chili chopped (optional)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Salt as per taste
» How to Make Potato Bell Pepper Stir-Fry //
- Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin, and when they start to splutter, add sliced onions and sliced potatoes.
- Cook for 3 minutes, and add salt, turmeric powder to it, and mix well.
- Let them cook till potatoes are almost cooked. Add bell pepper, chopped chilies, and cook for 2 minutes. Now add coriander powder, chopped ginger, and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add tomato slices, chopped garlic, red chili powder. Mix and stir all the vegetables together for 2 minutes.
- Now add green peas, garam masala powder and cook for 3 more minutes. Remove from heat and add lemon juice. Mix well, and serve with any of your favorite bread. Enjoy!
- No notes for this recipe.