Carrot Zucchini Rice Pilaf Recipe
A few mouthful of this flavorsome carrot zucchini pilaf with natural plain yogurt, that is all you need to make a complete, comfy and cozy meal.
Recipe Source Link:https://www.mygingergarlickitchen.com/carrot-zucchini-pilaf/
« Go back Print this recipe »
Prep Time = 10 minutes
Cook Time = 30 minutes
Total Time = 40 minutes
Category = Main
Cuisine = Indian
Serves = 4
Nutrition Info = 244 calories
Serving Size = 1 serving
» Carrot Zucchini Rice Pilaf Recipe:
- 1 cup basmati rice (soaked at least for one hour in water)
- 2 cups hot water
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- Salt as per taste
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic, grated or finely chopped
- 4 pods green cardamom (hari elaihci)
- 2 pods black cardamom (moti elaichi)
- 1 inch cinnamon stick (dalchini)
- 1 star anise (chakraphool)
- 2 dried red chili (sukhi lal mirch)
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds (jeera)
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder (you can also use cayenne pepper)
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1/4 cup grapes (I used purple)
- 2 tablespoons oil (I used olive oil)
- 1 tablespoon ghee (clarified butter), optional
» How to Make Carrot Zucchini Pilaf:
- Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan.
- Add cumin seeds, green cardamom, cinnamon stick, dried red chili, black cardamom, and star anise.
- Saute for a few seconds or until they start to splutter.
- Add chopped onions, chopped garlic, and saute for 3-4 minutes.
- Now add tomatoes, green chilies and saute for 3-4 minutes.
- Add grated carrot, grated zucchini, salt, and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add curry powder, red chili powder, garam masala powder, and mix well to combine.
- Add drained rice, and 2 cups of water. (Use boiling water for faster cooking).
- Mix well, and let the water come to boil.
- Once boiling, cover the pan with a lid and cook on low flame for about 10 minutes or until the rice is well cooked. Do not overcook the rice.
- Then drizzle 1 tablespoon of clarified butter on top, if you want.
- Garnish with coriander leaves, grapes, raisins, and fresh salad.
- Serve hot with raita and some pickle.
- No notes for this recipe.