Instant Pot Carrot Potato Soup
Easy Carrot Potato Soup is creamy, naturally sweet, wholesome, packed with veggies. The flavor of the fresh vegetables are balanced by the warm spices.
Recipe Source Link:https://www.mygingergarlickitchen.com/carrot-potato-soup/
« Go back Print this recipe »
Prep Time = 10 minutes
Cook Time = 10 minutes
Total Time = 20 minutes
Category = Soup
Cuisine = Continental
Serves = 4
Nutrition Info = 305 calories
Serving Size = 1 serving
» For Instant Pot Carrot Potato Soup:
- 2 medium-sized potatoes (aloo)
- 4 large-sized carrots (gajar)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium-sized onion (pyaaj), chopped
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon black pepper powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 4 cups vegetable stock (or chicken stock)
- 4 tablespoons cream + 1 tablespoon for garnishing (use coconut cream for a dairy-free version)
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro (coriander) leaves, for garnishing
- 1/2 cup toasted bread cubes (croutons), for serving
» How to Make Instant Pot Carrot Potato Soup:
- Press the saute button, when hot add oil.
- Then add the chopped onions, chopped garlic, chopped ginger, and saute for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add chopped carrots and chopped potatoes.
- Also, season with Italian seasoning, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper.
- Add 4 cups of vegetable stock and stir well. Saute for 2 more minutes.
- Cover the instant pot with lid, set the valve to sealing position. Cook on manual (high pressure) for 10 minutes.
- NPR (Natural pressure release) for 7 minutes, then quick release.
- Add cream and mix well
- Blend everything to make a smooth purée using an immersion blender. (If using a regular blender, let it cool slightly, then purée in a blender until smooth.)
- Press saute mode and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Garnish with cream, cilantro leaves, and crutons.
- Serve hot or warm.
» How to make Carrot Potato Soup on the Stove top:
- Heat olive oil in a pot over medium heat.
- Add chopped onions, minced ginger, and minced garlic. Simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Add carrots, potatoes, Italian seasoning, cayenne pepper, black pepper powder, salt, and vegetable stock.
- Stir everything well. Bring it to a boil. Once boiling cover the pot.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for about 25 minutes or until very tender.
- Add cream and puree using an immersion blender or use a regular blender until smooth.
- If using a regular blender, let it cool down a bit and then transfer to a blender. (If using a regular blender, let it cool down a bit and then transfer to a blender.)
- Garnish with cream and coriander leaves. Serve hot with chilli cheese toast or any other bread of your choice.
- Cover and refrigerate for up to 4 days or freeze for up to 3 months.