Lobia Mushroom Curry - Black-eyed Bean Mushroom Curry
Black Eyed Bean (Lobia) Mushroom Curry is a spicy Indian curry, prepared with black-eyed beans, sauteed mushrooms and spices. Perfect with rice.
Recipe Source Link:https://www.mygingergarlickitchen.com/black-eyed-bean-mushroom-curry-recipe/
« Go back Print this recipe »
Prep Time = 10 minutes
Cook Time = 25 minutes
Total Time = 35 minutes
Category = Side
Cuisine = Indian
Serves = 4
Nutrition Info = 140 calories
Serving Size = 1 Serving
» For for Black-eyed Bean Mushroom Curry
- 1 cup black-eyed bean, washed & soaked in water overnight
- 2 medium-sized tomatoes, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 cup onion & ginger-garlic paste
- 1 1/2 cups tightly packed mushrooms, finely chopped (I used crimini)
- 2 teaspoons coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric Powder
- Salt as per taste
- 1/4 cup fresh cream (vegan)
- 1 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1 teaspoon kitchen king masala or curry powder
» How to Make Black-eyed Bean Mushroom Curry
- Add black-eyed beans, salt, and 3 cups of water to a pressure cooker. Cover with the lid, and pressure cook for 6 whistles on high heat. After the turn the heat to low and let it cook for about 10 minutes. Let the pressure go down before opening the lid.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a pan. Once hot, add chopped mushrooms and sauté for 3-4 minutes. Transfer sautéed mushrooms to a plate.
- Heat 3 tablespoons oil in the same pan. Add cumin seeds and bay leaf to it.
- When cumin seeds start to crackle, add onion, ginger-garlic paste to it. sauté for 5 minutes. Add chopped tomatoes, and saute for 3 more minutes.
- Now add coriander powder, chili powder, turmeric powder, kitchen king masala/curry powder, and salt along with ½ cup of water.
- Stir it well and cook for 5 minutes.
- Now, add cooked beans along with sautéed mushrooms. Mix well and cook for 7-8 minutes on medium heat.
- Add milk cream, sugar, and garam masala powder to it. Cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Serve hot with rice or any of your favorite flatbreads.
- No notes for this recipe.