Banana Date Smoothie
This 6-ingredient healthy, delightful, and satisfying Banana Date Smoothie is made with all-natural ingredients. Excellent for breakfast, brunch, or snack.
Recipe Source Link:https://www.mygingergarlickitchen.com/banana-date-smoothie/
« Go back Print this recipe »
Prep Time = 2 minutes
Cook Time = 3 minutes
Total Time = 5 minutes
Category = Drink
Cuisine = Indian and Persian
Serves = 4 small
Nutrition Info = 90 calories
Serving Size = 1 serving
» For Banana Date Smoothie //
- 2 medium-sized ripe bananas, sliced
- 5-6 pitted dried dates (medjool, medina, or any other sweet types of taste)
- 2 cups almond milk (or any other milk of your choice)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup ice cubes
» For Toppings //(Optional)
- Sliced almonds
- Toasted coconut flakes
» How To Make Banana Date Smoothie //
- Place all the smoothie ingredients in a blender jar.
- Blend on high speed until smooth and creamy.
- Divide smoothie between 4 small or 2 large glasses.
- Sprinkle with sliced almonds and toasted coconut.
- Serve immediately with any of your favorite snacks.
- You can also use frozen banana slices for this smoothie. If using frozen bananas, then reduce the amount of ice or else it would turn out super cold.
- If making this smoothie for a post-workout drink, then you can also add some vanilla protein powder.
- Try to use unsweetened milk. This way you would make sure that there is no added sugar. You can always adjust the amount of sweetener by adding or reducing the number of dates.
- The amount of ice depends on your taste preference. The more ice you add, the thicker smoothie you will get.
- Feel free to add any nuts (almonds, cashews, pistachios, or walnuts) of your choice.
- You can also add 1 teaspoon vanilla/almond extract to this smoothie.
- Chia seeds, flax seeds, or hemp seeds can also be added in this smoothie.
- You can also add some oats to make it Banana Oats Date Smoothie.
- To make banana date coffee smoothie, add some freshly brewed cooled coffee or instant coffee powder to it.
- Apples or avocado can also be added to this banana date smoothie.