Atta Biscuits - Whole Wheat Indian Cookies Recipe
These everyday Atta Biscuits aka Whole Wheat Indian Cookies are popular tea time cookies in India. Easy, eggless, crispy and scented with cardamom.
Recipe Source Link:https://www.mygingergarlickitchen.com/atta-biscuits-whole-wheat-indian-cookies-video-recipe/
« Go back Print this recipe »
Prep Time = 8 minutes
Cook Time = 22 minutes
Total Time = 30 minutes
Category = Main
Cuisine = Indian
Serves = 25-30
Nutrition Info = 45 calories
Serving Size = 2 biscuits
» For Atta biscuits:
- 200 g (1 1/2 cups) whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta)
- 113 g (1/2 cup) salted butter, chilled and cut into pieces (use margarine for vegan version)
- 43 g (1/3 cup) powdered sugar, or as per taste
- 1 tablespoon cardamom powder (elaichi powder)
- 5 tablespoons chilled milk, or as required (use almond milk for vegan version)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
» Making Atta biscuits:
- Preheat the oven to 160°C/325 F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and keep it aside. In a bowl whisk together atta (whole wheat flour), sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and cardamom powder.
- Add chilled butter and mix with fingertips till the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add cold milk to the mixture.
- Knead lightly to form a dough. Do not over knead.
- Dust some flour on the countertop.
- Using a rolling pin roll out the dough to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Using a cookie cutter cut out the biscuits.Roll again the remaining dough and cut out the biscuits.
- Arrange the biscuits on a prepared baking tray.
- Bake them in a preheated oven at 160°C for 20-25 minutes or till they are light brown in color.
- Let them cool on a wire rack and cool and store in airtight cookie tins.
- Serve Atta Biscuits with a hot cup of tea or coffee.
- No notes for this recipe.