Aloo Tikki Burger Recipe
Aloo Tikki Burger is a hearty, satisfying Indian style vegetarian spicy burger where a spicy potato tikki or patty is sandwiched between buns.
Recipe Source Link:https://www.mygingergarlickitchen.com/aloo-tikki-burger-video-recipe/
« Go back Print this recipe »
Prep Time = 15 minutes
Cook Time = 20 minutes
Total Time = 35 minutes
Category = Main
Cuisine = Indian
Serves = 6
Nutrition Info = 225 calories
Serving Size = 1 bowl, 4-rolls, etc.
» For The Aloo Tikkis:
- 4 medium-sized potatoes, boiled, peeled and grated
- 3/4 cup green peas, cooked
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ginger-garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder (lal mirch powder)
- 1 teaspoon dried mango powder (amchur powder)
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder (dhania powder)
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1/4 cup rice flour
» For The Flour Dipping:
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour (maida)
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
» For Frying Patties:
- Oil for frying the patties
» For Assembly:
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 6 burger buns (I used chili-rubbed buns)
- 6 cheese slices
- 5 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 5 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- Tomatoes, sliced
- Onion, sliced
- Cucumber, sliced
- Pickled jalapeño
» Making Aloo Tikkis:
- Add grated potatoes, peas, salt, chili powder, coriander powder, dried mango powder, and garam masala powder to a mixing bowl.
- Mix well to combine.
- Add rice flour and mix until incorporated.
- Once mixed, make 6 patties similar to the size of the burger bun.
- Add all-purpose flour, salt, and garlic powder to a mixing bowl.
- Add water to make a thin batter.
- Dip patties in flour batter and coat well.
- Take breadcrumbs on a plate and coat each patty with the breadcrumbs. Press it lightly, so crumbs stick to the patty. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
» Making Aloo Tikki Burger Sauce:
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine mayonnaise, ketchup, and cayenne pepper and mix well.
» Frying Aloo Tikki:
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat.
- When hot, add patties and fry for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden brown and crisp.
- Once golden, drain them on a paper towel lined plate. (You can also shallow fry them).
» Assembling Aloo Tikki Burger:
- Melt butter in a pan and toast bun.
- Add sliced bun to the pan, and toast from one side.
- Now add the fried patty to the same pan, and top it with a cheese slice.
- Cover the pan and roast for about 30-60 seconds.
- Transfer toasted bun to a serving plate.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl combine mayonnaise, ketchup, and cayenne pepper and mix well.
- Add burger sauce to the bottom bun, followed by Aloo Tikki, sliced tomatoes, sliced onions, sliced cucumber, pickled jalapeño, and onions.
- Drizzle with some more sauce before adding the top bun. Top with the other half of the bun, and serve hot with some fries and ketchup.
- No notes for this recipe.