Aloo Ka Halwa- Potato Halwa (Recipe Video)
Aloo Ka Halwa is a very tasty, easy and gluten-free dessert is cooked with boiled mashed potatoes, ghee, and sugar. You can serve it anytime as a dessert.
Recipe Source Link:https://www.mygingergarlickitchen.com/aloo-ka-halwa-how-to-make-potato-halwa-video-recipe/
« Go back Print this recipe »
Prep Time = 5 minutes
Cook Time = 15 minutes
Total Time = 20 minutes
Category = Dessert
Cuisine = Indian
Serves = 4
Nutrition Info = 207 calories
Serving Size = 1 serving
» For Aloo Ka Halwa:
- 4 medium sized Potatoes, boiled, peeled and mashed (or use mashed potatoes 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup sugar or as per taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 4 tablespoons ghee
- 2 tablespoons Cashew nuts, almonds, and pistachio chopped
» For serving:
- 1 tablespoons chopped nuts for garnishing
- 1 teaspoon dried rose petals for garnishing, (optional)
» Make Aloo Ka Halwa:
- Heat ghee in a non-stick pan. Once hot, add boiled, peeled and mashed potatoes to the pan.
- Sauté on low heat for 8-10 minutes till this turns slightly golden in color.
- Add in milk, sugar, cardamom powder and mix well to combine. There should not be any lumps.
- Stir continuously until halwa turns dry again.
- Add chopped almonds, chopped cashews, and chopped pistachios.
- Mix well and cook for 1 more minute.
- Garnish Aloo Ka Halwa with nuts and rose petals and serve hot or warm.
- No notes for this recipe.