Dhaba Style Dry Aloo Gobi - Potato and Cauliflower
This hearty and flavor-packed cauliflower and potato dish (Aloo Gobi) is one of the most beloved vegetarian side dishes in every part of India.
Recipe Source Link:https://www.mygingergarlickitchen.com/aloo-gobi-dhaba-style-punjabi-dry-aloo-gobi-sabji-video-recipe-potato-cauliflower/
« Go back Print this recipe »
Prep Time = 10 minutes
Cook Time = 20 minutes
Total Time = 30 minutes
Category = Side
Cuisine = Indian
Serves = 5
Nutrition Info = 145 calories
Serving Size = 1 serving
» Dhaba Style Dry Aloo Gobi:
- 5 tablespoons oil or ghee
- 2 medium sized onions, diced
- 1 tablespoon dried fenugreek / kasuri methi
- 2 tablespoons ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 cups potatoes / aloo, diced
- 5 cups cauliflower florets / phool gobi
- 4 small green chillies, slit
- 1/2 cup tomato puree (you can also add 1/2 cup freshly chopped tomatoes)
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon ginger, juliennes
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds / jeera
- 1 teaspoon kashmiri red chili powder or deggi mirch powder (you can also add any other chili powder)
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder / haldi powder
- 2 teaspoons coriander powder / dhaniya powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 4 tablespoons cilantro for garnish
- 1/4 cup + 7 tablespoons water
» Make Dhaba Style Dry Aloo Gobi:
- Soak cauliflower florets, and diced potatoes in hot water for 10 minutes to remove any worms hidden inside the floret.
- After 10 minutes, drain them and set aside.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of oil in a pan.
- Once the oil is hot, add cauliflower florets and diced potatoes.
- Toss well and let them sauté for 5 minutes. Add salt and mix well to coat.
- Cover the pan with a lid and cook on medium heat for 10 minutes or until potatoes and cauliflower are lightly golden and 90% cooked. (Keep stirring occasionally to prevent potatoes from burning.)
- Meanwhile, add onions, garlic, and ginger to a blender along with 3 tablespoons of water.
- Blend well to make a smooth paste. Keep it aside.
- Transfer sautéed cauliflower and potatoes to a plate or bowl. Set them aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a pan.
- Add cumin seeds, bay leaf, black cardamom, cloves, dried red chilies, and star anise. Sauté them for a few seconds or until whole spices are fragrant.
- Next, add kasuri methi and mix well. Let it fry for 1 minute.
- Add onion, ginger-garlic paste and mix well. Sauté for 5-7 minutes or until onion paste turns golden.
- Now, add tomato puree and mix well. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Also, add ginger juliennes, and sliced green chilies.
- Mix everything well and let it cook for 2 minutes.
- Add red chili powder, turmeric powder, Kashmiri lal mirch powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder, and salt.
- Let them cook for 5 minutes or till the oil start to separating from the sides of the masala.
- Add 1/4 cup water and mix well. Let it cook for 5 minutes.
- Add sauteed aloo and gobi, and toss well.
- Add 3-4 tablespoons of water and gently toss again. Cook for 5 more minutes. Turn off the heat and garnish with cilantro leaves.
- Serve hot with roti, paratha, poori, or naan.
- No notes for this recipe.