This 6-ingredient watermelon smoothie is made with frozen watermelon, frozen strawberries, banana, and chia seeds. Ideal breakfast drink.
Recipe Source Link:https://www.mygingergarlickitchen.com/watermelon-smoothie/
« Go back Print this recipe »
Prep Time = 2 minutes
Cook Time = 2 minutes
Total Time = 4 minutes
Category = Drinks
Cuisine = International
Serves = 2 large
Nutrition Info = 171 calories
Serving Size = 1
» For Watermelon Smoothie
- 2 cups frozen watermelon cubes
- 1 medium-sized banana
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 cup milk (unsweetened almond or regular)
- 1/2 cup water or as needed
- 1.5 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup to make vegan
» For garnish (optional):
- Watermelon triangles
- Chia seeds
» How to Make Watermelon Smoothie
- Add banana, watermelon, strawberries, honey, chia seeds, and milk to a blender jar.
- Blend everything until smooth.
- Smoothie will be super thick at this point. Now add water to adjust the consistency the smoothie.
- Blend again until smooth.
- Pour watermelon smoothie into serving glasses.
- Enjoy immediately, with a garinsh of watermelon slice and chia seeds.
- Instead of water, you can also use some Greek yogurt or coconut yogurt for this watermelon smoothie.
- I have added some honey for extra sweetness. If you don't like too sweet smoothies then feel free to omit it entirely.
- I added chia seeds for a fiber boost. You can replace chia seeds with hemp seeds or flaxseeds.
- If you don't want to add honey, then substitute it with sugar, agave, or maple syrup.
- Instead of regular water, you can also use coconut water.