This watermelon mojito is a delicious, and refreshing summer cocktail which is prepared using watermelon juice, mint leaves, lime, white rum, and soda water.
Recipe Source Link:https://www.mygingergarlickitchen.com/watermelon-mojito/
« Go back Print this recipe »
Prep Time = 5 minutes
Cook Time = 5 minutes
Total Time = 10 minutes
Category = Drinks
Cuisine = Cuban
Serves = 4
Nutrition Info = 190 calories
Serving Size = 1
» For Watermelon Mojito:
- 1/2 chilled watermelon (about 600 grams)
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 4 tablespoons icing sugar (or 1/3 cup simple syrup)
- 1/3 cup lime juice, you can use fresh or storebought
- 1 cup white rum (see notes for non-alcoholic version)
- 1 lime
» For Serving:
- Few mint sprigs and watermelon slices for serving
- Soda water or club soda, as needed
- Ice cubes, as required
» How to Make Watermelon Mojito:
- Slice and peel watermelon. Then cut it into about 1-inch cubes.
- Keep it aside.
- Now, slice the lime into thin slices.
- Place 1/4 cup of fresh mint leaves in a mortar and use the pestle to press gently down on them. Muddle them until you can smell a fresh aroma. You can also tear them off with your hands.
- Also, add 2-3 lemon slices to the mortar muddle them as well. Keep it aside.
- After that, add watermelon cubes to a blender jar and blend until smooth.
- Now strain the juice through a mesh strainer in a bowl or a pitcher. If you don't want to strain the watermelon then you can directly transfer the juice to the bowl.
- Now add 1/3 cup lime juice, rum , sugar, and muddled mint and lemon to the bowl.
- Now stir everything well until the sugar dissolves.
- For serving, add a lemon slice and torn mint leaves to tall glasses.
- Add ice cubes, one more lemon slice, and mint sprigs.
- Stir the mojito and pour it into the glasses until 3/4th of the glasses are filled.
- Top with club soda.
- Decorate glasses with a watermelon slice, and lemon slice.
- Serve watermelon mojito chilled with some masala peanuts or any of your favorite snacks.
- To make non-alcoholic watermelon mojito, swap rum with some club soda, apple cider fizz or just with water.
- You can also add chopped watermelon pieces to this mojito.
- If you don't want to make watermelon juice, then you can directly muddle watermelon pieces in the serving glass.
- You can also use basil leaves if you are not a fan of mint leaves.
- I have made this mojito with fresh watermelon cubes, but you can also use pre-cut watermelon.
- You can even add sparkling watermelon water instead of club soda.