Watermelon Cucumber Feta Salad
Watermelon Cucumber and Feta Salad is perfectly sweet, salty, cheesy, and a bit tangy salad to enjoy during summer. Ideal for light lunch.
Recipe Source Link:https://www.mygingergarlickitchen.com/watermelon-cucumber-feta-salad/
« Go back Print this recipe »
Prep Time = 05 minutes
Cook Time = 05 minutes
Total Time = 10 minutes
Category = Side
Cuisine = International
Serves = 4
Nutrition Info = 154 calories
Serving Size = 1 serving
» For Watermelon Cucumber Feta Salad //
- 1/3 cups cucumber diced and seeds removed
- 1/3 cup feta cheese crumbled + more for garnishing
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Half medium-sized watermelon, chilled (you need about 3 cups watermelon cubes)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- A handful of mint + 1 tbsp more for garnishing thinly sliced or small mint leaves
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
» How To Make Balsamic Vinegar Honey Dressing //
- In a small bowl, whisk together the balsamic vinegar, honey olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Keep this dressing aside.
» How To Make Watermelon Cucumber Feta Salad //
- Cut watermelon into cubes and remove the seeds. Keep it aside.
- Chop mint leaves and set them aside.
- Add watermelon cubes, crumbled feta cheese, diced cucumbers, mint leaves to a large mixing bowl.
- Drizzle the dressing over the watermelon mixture.
- Toss well to coat.
- Sprinkle with mint leaves, crumbled feta, some freshly ground pepper, and serve.
- I used watermelon with seeds for this recipe, but this recipe would be a lot easier when you use seedless watermelon. Then you don't have to remove the seeds from it.
- I used freshly chopped mint leaves for that herby touch. You can also swap the fresh mint with basil leaves. Or you could use the combination of both herbs.
- If you have cut watermelon in advance, and it has released too much juice, then discard the juice before making the salad.
- Make sure to use chilled watermelon and cucumbers in this salad. This watermelon salad tastes great when served chilled.
- I cut my watermelon into cubes because this way it is faster and easier to cut. But if you want to go fancier, then use a melon baller.
- If you dont want to use balsamic vinegar, then simply substitute it with fresh lime juice or lemon juice.
- Adding honey to the dressing is optional. So if desired, you can omit it.
- Don?t buy pre-crumbled feta cheese. Always buy blocks of feta cheese for making salad, because they taste more fresh and flavorful.
- You can also add avocado, fresh arugula to this watermelon salad.