Curry Stuffed Bun
Curry Stuffed Bun is a perfect snack dish made with curry stuffing and pizza dough. These buns are soft and the curry stuffing adds nice texture and taste.
Recipe Source Link:https://www.mygingergarlickitchen.com/vegetarian-recipe-curry-stuffed-bun/
« Go back Print this recipe »
Prep Time = 10 minutes
Cook Time = 40 minutes
Total Time = 50 minutes
Category = Snack
Cuisine = Indian
Serves = 10
Nutrition Info = 78 calories
Serving Size = 1 Bun
» For the stuffing //
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 button mushrooms, chopped
- 1 teaspoon black pepper powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garam masala powder (optional)
- 1 small green bell pepper, grated
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, grated
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 1/2 cup corn kernels
- 4 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- salt as per taste
- 1 teaspoon oregano
» For Bun //
- 1 packet active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (maida)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon oregano
» How to make curry filling //
- Heat oil in a pan, and add chopped onions to it. Saute onions for 2 minutes, and add chopped garlic cloves to it.
- Cook for 2 more minutes, and add all the vegetables except mushrooms.
- Cook for 5 minutes. Now add chopped mushrooms, salt, pepper powder, garam masala powder and mix well.
- Cook for another 3 minutes, and add tomato ketchup to it. Mix well, and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add chopped mozzarella cheese, oregano, and cook for 2 minutes. Mix well and remove from heat. Your curry stuffing is ready. Keep it aside to cool down.
» How to Make Curry Stuffed Bun //
- Take a bowl, and add 1/2 cup warm water to it. Add sugar, yeast, salt, and mix gently. Keep aside for 10 minutes, or till yeast becomes frothy.
- In a large mixing bowl, add all-purpose flour and oil. Mix well, and add the yeast mixture to it. Knead the mixture to make a smooth dough.
- Apply a few drops of oil on the dough surface, and cover the dough bowl with a plastic wrap. Keep this mixing bowl in a warm place for 2 to 4 hours.
- At this stage, bun dough would have doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F/200 degrees Celsius.
- Knead the dough again, and divide the dough into 10 balls of equal portions.
- Roll each ball into a circle of about 4 to 5 inches in diameter. Apply a little oil to the dough circle, and place 2 tbsp curry filling in the center.
- Close the sides of the circle together carefully, and shape into a ball again.
- Repeat the same process with all the dough balls. Brush little oil on top of the ball and sprinkle oregano.
- Sprinkle some flour on the baking tray, and place all the stuffed dough balls.
- Bake dough balls for 15 to 20 minutes, or till they turn slightly brown.
- Serve hot with ketchup and tea. Enjoy!
- No notes for this recipe.