Toasted Coconut Rice Krispie and Multigrain Chocolate Bars
These amazing tasting bars have toasted coconut, toasted sesame seeds, marshmallow, coconut oil, rice krispie, multigrain cheerios and dark chocolate.
Recipe Source Link:https://www.mygingergarlickitchen.com/toasted-coconut-sesame-rice-krispie-and-multigrain-cheerios-dark-chocolate-bars/
« Go back Print this recipe »
Prep Time = 10 minutes
Cook Time = 7 minutes
Total Time = 17 minutes
Category = Dessert
Cuisine = International
Serves = 12
Nutrition Info = 173 calories
Serving Size = 1 serving
» For Toasted Coconut Rice Krispie and Multigrain Chocolate Bars //
- desiccated coconut - 2 cup
- rice krispie cereal - 3 cup
- multigrain cheerios - 3 cup
- sesame seeds - 5 tablespoons
- large marshmallows - 45-50
- coconut oil - 1/4 cup
» For Chocolate Glaze //
- coconut oil - 1 tsp
- dark chocolate, roughly chopped - 1 1/2 cups
» For Sprinkle Layer //
- red food color or beetroot juice - 1-2 drops
- sesame seeds - 1 tablespoon
- desiccated coconut - 2 tablespoons
» How to Make Toasted Coconut Rice Krispie and Multigrain Chocolate Bars //
- Line a baking pan with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Place coconut in a medium pan over low heat. Stir constantly for just a few minutes until coconut starts to turn light brown. Keep stirring continuously, as might get burn very quickly.
- Remove it from the heat and transfer to a large bowl.
- Add sesame seeds to the same pan, and toast them till they start to turn slightly brown. Remove from heat and keep aside.
- Take a small bowl. Add 1 tablespoon of sesame seeds and 2 tablespoons toasted coconut to it.
- Add 1 drop of red food color and mix well with fingers. Keep this aside.
- Take another large mixing bowl, and add toasted coconut and toasted sesame seeds to it.
- Add rice krispies and cheerios to the same bowl.
- Add marshmallows and 1/4 cup coconut oil to a second large bowl. Microwave for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes. Keep stirring in every 30 seconds, until marshmallows are melted.
- Immediately pour the cereal coconut mixture in to the marshmallow mixture and stir to combine. Pour into prepared pan. Spray your hands with cooking spray and press to fit.
- Add dark chocolate to a bowl. Melt in 30 second increments almost melted. Stir in 1 tsp coconut oil and then continue to melt and stir until smooth.
- Spread evenly over krispie treats with an offset spatula.
- Cover with colored coconut and sesame seeds sprinkle.
- Chill until firm then cut into bars. Store at room temperature. Enjoy!
- No notes for this recipe.