No Cook Thandai Kulfi
5 minute No-Cook Thandai Kulfi is a super creamy, rich, and delicious frozen treat made with milk, cream, thandai powder, and kewra water.
Recipe Source Link:https://www.mygingergarlickitchen.com/thandai-kulfi/
« Go back Print this recipe »
Prep Time = 8 hour(s) 2 minutes
Cook Time = 08 minutes
Total Time = 8 hour(s) 10 minutes
Category = Dessert
Cuisine = Indian
Serves = 10 kulfis
Nutrition Info = 219 calories
Serving Size = 1
» For No Cook Thandai Kulfi:
- 1 1/2 cups full-fat or whole milk
- 1 cup whipping cream (you can also use (malai) regular milk cream)
- 3 large bread slices (use any bread you like, I used whole grain)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup thandai powder
- 8-10 saffron strands soaked in 2 tablespoons warm milk
- 1 teaspoon kewra water, (optional but recommended)
- 1 tablespoon dried rose petals
- 2 tablespoons chopped pistachios
» For Garnish:
- Thandai Powder
- Dried rose petals
- Saffron strands
» How To Make Thandai Kulfi:
- Roughly chop bread slices and keep them aside.
- Add milk, thandai powder, cream, sugar, saffron-soaked milk, kewra water, dried rose petals, chopped bread pieces, and chopped pistachios to a blender jar.
- Blend everything well until smooth and creamy.
- Pour thandai kulfi mix into kulfi molds.
- Close the kulfi molds with the lid.
- Alternatively, you can also use popsicle molds/disposable plastic or thick paper cups/foil cups or regular freezer-safe cups. Pour thandai kulfi mix into cups.
- Wrap with silver foil, insert ice cream stick.
- Freeze for 8 hours or overnight.
- Once the kulfi is well set, dip the molds into warm water, or keep them under running water for easy demolding. (You can also rub the molds between palms for a minute.)
- Prise the kulfi out with the help of a knife. Kulfi will slide off easily.
- To remove kulfi from disposable cups, cut the paper or foil cups. This way kulfi comes out easily.
- Garnish thandai kulfi with dried rose petals, thandai powder, and saffron.
- Serve immediately.
- I added 1/2 cup of thandai powder in this recipe, but you can add thandai masala powder as per your preference.
- I have added 1/2 cup of sugar to this thandai kulfi recipe. Feel free to increase or reduce the amount of sugar according to your taste preference.
- Use popsicle mold or disposable cups if you don't have kulfi molds.
- Use coconut yogurt and coconut milk to make vegan Thandai Shrikhand.