Sweet Potato Pumpkin Kebabs - Video Recipe
Sweet Potato Pumpkin Kebabs are crunchy on the outside, soft, cheesy and nutty in the middle, sweet from the sweet potatoes, pumpkin, spiced from spices.
« Go back Print this recipe »
Prep Time = 10 minutes
Cook Time = 30 minutes
Total Time = 40 minutes
Category = Snacks
Cuisine = Indian
Serves = 6 pieces
Nutrition Info = 240 calories
Serving Size = 1 serving
» For Sweet Potato Pumpkin Kebabs //
- chickpea flour - 1/2 cup
- grated pumpkin - 1 cup
- grated sweet potato - 1 cup
- salt to taste
- oil - 2 tablespoons
- oil for shallow frying
- cumin seeds - 1 teaspoon
- coriander seeds - 1 teaspoon
- ginger, crushed - 2 teaspoons
- garlic, crushed - 1 tablespoon
- cumin powder - 1 tablespoon
- dried mango powder - 1 tablespoon
- chili powder - 2 teaspoons
- garam masala powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- chili flakes - 1 teaspoon
- roasted peanuts - 1/2 cup
- raisins - 1/2 sup
- shredded mozzarella cheese - 1/2 cup
- some extra chicken flour for rolling patties
» For sweet potato pumpkin kebabs //
- roasted peanut
- hot pepper sauce
» How to Make Sweet Potato Pumpkin Kebabs //
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a pan.
- Add crushed garlic and saute for 1 minute.
- Add crushed ginger and saute for another minute.
- Now add cumin and coriander seeds and saute for 1 minute.
- After that, add gram flour and roast till it turn golden brown.
- Add grated pumpkin and grated sweet potatoes.
- Mix well and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add salt, chili powder, cumin powder, dried mango powder and chili flakes.
- Splash about 1/8 cup water and mix well again. Cook for 2 minutes.
- When the mixture comes together like a dough, then remove from heat.
- Transfer onto a plate. Let it cool slightly.
- Take a lemon sized mixture. Make a ball and flatten it.
- Add roasted peanuts, raisins and cheese to the center.
- Bring together all sides in the center and seal tightly to make a ball again. Repeat the same process to make 5 more balls.
- Roll each ball into chickpea flour and flatten them to make into a compact disc.
- Heat oil in a pan for shallow frying.
- Add kebabs to the pan and shallow fry these patties on both sides till nice & golden.
- Once golden, transfer them onto an absorbent paper.
- Top with roasted peanuts and raisins. Serve hot with mayonnaise and hot pepper sauce.
- No notes for this recipe.