Palak Kofta Curry - Fried Spinach Dumplings Curry
Spinach Kofta Curry Recipe - Fried Spinach Dumplings in a Creamy Tomato Sauce is a delicious vegetarian curry recipe. Spinach koftas are deep-fried.
Recipe Source Link:https://www.mygingergarlickitchen.com/spinach-kofta-curry-fried-spinach-dumplings-creamy-tomato-sauce-recipe/
« Go back Print this recipe »
Prep Time = 10 minutes
Cook Time = 30 minutes
Total Time = 40 minutes
Category = Side
Cuisine = Indian
Serves = 6
Nutrition Info = 215 calories
Serving Size = 1 servings
» For Spincah Koftas:
- 2 cups spinach, chopped and boiled (palak)
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 potatoes, peeled, boiled & mashed
- 2 tablespoons gram flour (besan)
- 2 fresh bread slices, crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger garlic paste
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin seeds
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon cilantro (coriander) leaves, chopped
» For Kofta Batter:
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour (maida)
- 5 tablespoons milk
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of black pepper (kali mirch) powder
- For Frying Koftas:
- Cooking oil for deep frying
» For Gravy:
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 bay leaf (tej patta)
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1/2 cup onion paste (pyaaj ka paste)
- 1 large-sized tomato (tamater), chopped
- 2 tablespoons ginger-garlic paste (adrak lehsun ka paste)
- 2 small-sized green chilies (hari mirch), chopped
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder (lal mirch powder)
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder (haldi powder)
- 1/4 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 2 teaspoons coriander powder (dhania powder)
- 3 tablespoons desiccated coconut, or freshly grated coconut
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons cilantro (coriander) leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon kasuri methi (dried fenugreek leaves)
- Salt as per taste
- 1 teaspoon sugar (optional)
» Making Spinach Kofta:
- Squeeze out the water from spinach and add it to a large mixing bowl. (You can use discarded spinach water in the gravy, or add it to the chapati dough)
- Add all the kofta ingredients, except bread crumbs to the mixing bowl, and mix well.
- Make 6-7 lemon sized balls, and roll them over bread crumbs.
- In another bowl, mix all the batter ingredients, and make a smooth batter.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- When the oil is hot, dip spinach balls into the batter and deep fry them. (You can also bake them at 200°C preheated oven for about 12-15 minutes or until golden and cooked through).
- Drain onto an absorbent paper and keep aside. Your koftas are ready. Keep them aside
» Making Spinach Kofta Gravy:
- Heat cooking oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add bay leaf and cumin seeds, and sauté for a few seconds.
- Now add onion paste, ginger-garlic paste and saute for around 5 minutes, or till they change color.
- Add chopped tomato and cook for 3 minutes.
- Now, add the chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, and salt.
- Mix well and fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Add coconut and cook for 2 minutes.
- Now add the milk, sugar, chopped coriander leaves, Kasuri methi, and garam masala powder. Mix well.
- Cover the pan and boil the gravy for at least 10 to 15 minutes on medium heat.
- Adjust the consistency according to your liking. Gravy is ready.
- Add spinach koftas to the hot gravy and turn off the heat. Garnish with coconut.
- Serve spinach kofta curry hot with jeera rice, naan, or any of your favorite breads.
- No notes for this recipe.