Quick Rye Irish Soda Bread Recipe Video
This Rye Irish Soda Bread is quick and easy to make and full of flavours. It is made only with 5 ingredients. No oil no butter. A perfect breakfast bread.
Recipe Source Link:https://www.mygingergarlickitchen.com/rye-irish-soda-bread-video-recipe/
« Go back Print this recipe »
Prep Time = 5 minutes
Cook Time = 30 minutes
Total Time = 35 minutes
Category = Main
Cuisine = Irish
Serves = 1 Loaf
Nutrition Info = 215 calories
Serving Size = 1 serving
» For Rye Irish Soda Bread:
- 2 cups bread flour
- 2 cups rye flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups buttermilk
- Extra flour for dusting (I used rye flour)
» Making Rye Irish Soda Bread:
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F. In a large bowl, mix together the two types of flours, salt, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the buttermilk and gradually stir into flour mixture mix until sticky dough forms.
- Lightly flour a work surface and transfer the dough.
- Gently roll and fold the dough to form a ball. Do not knead well.
- Flatten the ball gently with your hand.
- Dust the bread with flour and cut a deep cross dividing it into quarters.
- Line a baking tray with a parchment paper.
- Place the dough ball onto a baking tray lined tray and bake for 30-35 minutes. The loaf should be golden brown.
- Leave to cool on a wire rack for about 2 hours before slicing.
- This is best eaten on the day of baking. Smear some butter or homemade jam, and enjoy.
- You can store this bread at room temperature, in a paper bag for up to 2 days.